Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well crap. I just decided to keep the Legacy and now it is running like hell. sounds like it is not getting oil pressure on restart. On hot restart, runs really rough, like a dead miss and that sickening not quite enough oil sound. Has plenty of oil. Timing belt was replaced...but by previous owner. Not quite sure how long ago. Odd thing is car often runs fine when started cold...excepts takes a little while longer to build oil pressure than I would like. Obviously need to reseal the oil pump. I would suspect fuel, but it runs all uncoordinated, like 2 drunk men in a 3 legged race. Damnit! Engine and a tranny job?..god I hope not. Have noticed oily film in area where intake manifold bolts onto head. too high to be valve cover gaskets...its above that. I know the valve stem seals are leaking oil. Get blue smoke out of the tail pipe on initial start up. Don't really think this is realated. Who knows. Sometimes it runs uncoordinated on a cold start, but most of the time it is on a warm or hot restart. Need help!!

BTW, am I allowed to say "damnit" on this forum?? Don't want to bend rules.

1991 AWD Legacy 2.2L

Okay...thinking of sources of an intermitant dead miss. Acts up when hot/humid. Electrical, cap, rotor, wires, distributor, fuel injector resistor, fuel injectors, plugs. Am I missing anything?

Are you the same person that wrote another post about valve seals failing?