Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Stereo after robbery (PIX) and cup holders!

I got me new stereo and mounting equipment from the insurance company last nite. So I got it installed and I also installed the cup holders out of a Toyota from a junk yard. :brow: The cup holders didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Shifter hits in the top gears. I could put the cup holder on top and that would fix it.

100_0824.JPG

100_0827.JPG

100_0830.JPG

100_0832.JPG

As always more pix can be seen at www.4x4roo.com

OOOOOH, cup holders :D You say it hits in the top gears, does it interfere with shifting much? That cup-holder is retracting isn't it? One from like a 4-runner? It looks like the way you have it now that the cups will hit the stereo......

OOOOOH, cup holders :D You say it hits in the top gears, does it interfere with shifting much? That cup-holder is retracting isn't it? One from like a 4-runner? It looks like the way you have it now that the cups will hit the stereo......

I tried it out yesterday and a medium McDonalds drink does hit the stereo. Kept pausing it and what not. Guess I will have to flip the bracket over so the the cup holders are on top.

nice.. you could bend the shifter back a couple of inches... that would clear the stereo as well as make a chopped shifter easier to reach..

Never thought of bending the shifter back after chopping it. It is a bit of a reach for 5th. Good thing I have long arms.