Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A beautiful day in Subaru Country!

Just a few guys cruising around Mt Rainier. We logged between 180 and 200 miles cruising in Mt Rainier National park. Ended up having lunch at 6400' at Sunrise point.

Ahhhhhhhhh... that's looks so cooooool... I'm out in North Dakota. 95 F and 80% humidity... working on our son's Subaru GL-10 in a little cramped garage one of his friend's let me use. Almost no ventilation, as if that would make a difference! 8-) But it was nice of him to give me some cover from the sun and possible thundershowers, at least.

Very refreshing to think of you enjoying a high elevation excursion in the Northwest. Makes me homesick.

Thanks for posting. Rick

Yes, the one on the left is mine. It has 2wd struts on the front and modified 2wd shocks on the rear.

The drive was great(Altho I couldnt drive like Qman and MrRadon) and the BBQ at 6400ft was great too. I really miss the altitude :cool: I lived and worked at 7300ft for 14yrs.

I was hoping I could get an XT running for the drive, but instead was doing its HGs... Darn stuck EGR pipe!!!

How long did you have to wait to get blue sky in the background??? :grin: It was broken overcast with sprinkles in my part of doG's Country. Wonderful picture. Almost a postcard except for the people in it.

My car's center of gravity is so low its like riding on rails. To bad I didnt get to show it off on Sunday, the wife wasnt liking the twisties and dips :-\ The rear was a little heavy also with my 2 boys. Qman was behind me for a bit, he said it looked like my diff was almost scraping the ground a few times :eek: