Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy Grail,,,New England Style!!!

Not that it's that big a deal but after lots of searching I finally found it. Today I bought a TOTALLY RUST FREE 101K 87 GL wagon. It may be dent free as well but I won't be sure till I clean the rubber scuff of the rear quarter. Slipping fwd slush box but it's just the shell for my next off-roader. $400 and only 90 miles from my house! If you come from Cali or the South this is no big deal but I have NEVER seen such a clean Ru in New England. No Rust Out Jones ever got on this baby :) The secret is that it came up from Louisianna last year. I'm so giddy! Or maybe thats just anoxia talking from riding around in my rusty wagon. :headbang:

ha! he said "rust out jones"! all the rusty jones cars i have seen, all that was left was the sticker!!!

nice find for a rust-belter

where does the car originate from? my 83 wagon was a little rusty, but the best ea81 i have ever seen. but it came from colorado to begin with. but it was still a rust bucket by west coast standards

I know, I know...sometime soon I'm going to need new fenders. Safety inspection just started again here in CT (or it's about to, I'm not sure) and there's no way my Rusty Jones-protected GL-10 is going to pass with the holes in the cargo area...the rotted tailpipe...the missing front fender bottoms. Amazingly enough the doors are still solid--they must have missed.

Yeah - I've seen Miles car in person - it *was* a rust bucket by west coast standards. But we have some nasty cars up here too. Flowmasters Brat has more rust than the trashwagon, but it was from one of our coastal towns. If you really love soobs, WA is the place to be really. I see more EA81's when I go across the border in one day than I see in a month here in OR. Kinda werid, since it's only about 150 miles difference.

GD

Congrats Brad,maybe we can get a picture of ours.Not sure if you know but I have a turbo wagon from the southwest....not a spot of rust on the body,suspension,or anything.Just one spot where some ding dong must have tried to close the hood and left a tool there.The ear of the hood up by the driver's corner got bent and chipped the paint off about a 1 inch square,if that.Minor surface rust,will look perfect by springtime.

Brings a smile to my face every time I walk towards it.

Rusty Jones targets available.