Ultimate Subaru Message Board

(Ride Wanted) Wife Stranded!!! Laramie, Wyoming Area

***Update: - Wife is looking for a ride from Larmie to Longmont, CO. Please see my post timestamped 5:37pm.

**Update: - Looks like a rescue plan is being formed with the invaluable assistance of some local Members!!! :) See later posts.

Folks, the wife of Scoobywagon has a problem approx 100miles outside of Laramie, Wyoming. Few details yet, as SW just called me to ask for some help on this end.

If anyone in the Laramie area can help out (reported overheating problem, I think with an 82 wagon)*, please post here so Scoobywagon can check when he gets to his house. He is currently looking at having to drive to Laramie-area with a tow-dolly (mine) to tow his wife home, and would miss WCSS7 (plus work/sleep/etc) unless someone can lend a hand.

THANKS!!!!

*Update - 82 EA81 wagon, oil pump/filter leaking oil. At/around MP228 on I-80.

Thanks for the help so far, guys!

Here's the deal. She's on her way to Longmont, CO for a big dog show (go ahead, laugh. Get it out of your system). She got a hold of one of her friends and they are going to help her get the car towed into Laramie. I'm hoping that I can get a hold of one of the guys there to help. In the mean time, I'm hoping it wouldn't be too presumptious of me to have the car towed to Wyotech. I thought of that because its the only place I know of to send an ailing car in wyoming and because there are two board members there. Which largely explains why I know of that place. :grin:

Anyway, she seems to be back under way, at least for small values thereof. She's gonna get a rental car in Laramie to get down to the show. I'm hoping that works out...then I can keep my plans to go to WCSS.

Looks like a plan is being formed. :banana:

Thanks to Luvmybrat and Shadow and everybody else that looked and thought and will be offering help. It is a sign of a great community that people will come together to help someone that they do not personally know.

This site once again proves how great it is! :headbang:

BEER FOR EVERYONE!!! :drunk:

While she's still waiting for a tow truck (80 miles, not 18!), I think it sounds like things are pretty well sorted from that point forward. I'd like to thank luvmybrat for all the help. Sounds like he'll be...er..."volunteering" a couple other locals to help. I'll be sending some good beer along.

Thanks VERY VERY much, guys. Some of you may not know how much, but those of you who are married, probably do.

I need to solicit a volunteer who A) is going to be at WCSS, B) is traveling back home through/towards/near Laramie, WY and C) has enough room to haul an engine and some other cruft (none of nearly as big as the engine itself).

Thanks, Guys (and Gals)!

New Request For Assistance:

Scoobywagon would like to know if someone near Laramie would be willing to drive his wife (and several medium-build dogs) from Laramie to Longmont,CO and back and be compensated $100 for said Noble Act.

If someone would be willing to do so, please contact Charley at:

(360) 509-5081

Thanks again everybody!

Thanks for the help so far, guys!

Here's the deal. She's on her way to Longmont, CO for a big dog show (go ahead, laugh. Get it out of your system).

I'm not laughing, I get lotsa guff for my hobby. I raise show rabbits myself (but don't travel out of state to show them) If the dog friends are anything like my rabbit friends, they will help out immensely :) Hope everything works out :)

I got the ride thing taken care of last night but I believe she will be needing transportation back possibly to Washington. I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone else yet to get the car back in drivable condition or even look to see what actually is the problem. By the way the dogs are cool, I was always a little timid around pitbulls but these ones were cool! Freindly little(big) guys.

By the way the dogs are cool, I was always a little timid around pitbulls but these ones were cool! Freindly little(big) guys.

Thanks! We always like hearing that!

BTW, apparently Andrew, et al. got to look at it today. It was making some god-awful screeching noises, so that motor's fried. Getting those details worked out, though, thanks to the caring and willingness to help of a couple of board members and at least one non-board member.