Ultimate Subaru Message Board

write up for six lug swap?

Is there a write up or a page that explains exactly how to put in the other four studs on the subaru hubs. The place that I took my hubs to can't figure out how to place the studs in the hubs and still have the back of the hubs be flush and flat.

Thanks

I think there is a template that some made up and posted a while ago

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14499&highlight=6+lug+template

Here ya go' date=' hope that helps.[/quote']

Good thread

Here is the answer to the question about seating your studs properly:

You don't want to countersink them. Spotfacing is the optimum approach. It will maintain a flat surface for the studs to sit into.

Ken

What is spotfacing? I called the machine shop and told him that spotfacing would be the best way, but he doesn't know what that means. Neither do I.

SPOT-FACING A machining process in which the area around a hole is milled to smooth, flat surface by application of a rotating tool with cutting edges on its end or face.

... look where the head of the stud mates to the back of your hub. It's not a flat surface... you mill it down to a flat surface.

i found mine work great with only 3/4 of the head seated, it only happens on about 2 per hub.

the template makes me nervous, how can you center it on the wheel? you gotta use a wheel as your template. but you cant just take a drill bit that fits in the hole and hope its centered either.

i had to build a special tool to center/drill them

send them to me. do you have rear discs? if so, its alot easier.