Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru capital of the US?

I live in Port Townsend WA, and I swear to god that 1 in 10 cars here is a Subaru. The populace is mostly highly educated progressive ex hippies and the like.....Smart people? Maybe, but seriously are there lots of Suby's where you live? What kind of people own them?

Western North Carolina:clap:, with our combination of mountain driving, gravel and dirt roads, and un-predictable weather, you can't (pardon the expression) 'swing a dead cat' without hitting a Subaru. Folks have known this for a generation or so and Subies are everywhere, I have even lived in Boulder CO, and there are way more Subes here than there. Problem is, not enough enthusiast owners, but (something being said here) folks who know what 'works' in any and all conditions.

there is a town here in montana (kalispell area or around ther) that sold around 500 cars this last year they have a chevy, ford, and 2 or there othere car dealers also a subaru dealer. 250 of the five hundered were subarus,,,,, :banana:

in bozeman here me and the wife drove down main street. in 4 or so blocks we saw 70+ subarus,

within sight of my apartments front door(not counthing mine) are 2 outbacks, a loyal, an 82 hatch, an 85 somthing gl-10, and a turbo turing legacy wagon. and thats not counthing my 3,,,,,

I just went out looking for a dead cat to take to up Bent (Oregon) and didn't find one. But thers dead squirrels on the roads here in La Pine all the time, guess that would work!!

So anyway, yea, ya can't swing a dead squirrel up in Bend without hitting a bunch of Soobs. Lots and lots of em. Old and new. Don't see too many EA 81's, but a few. Quite a few here in La Pine too, but this don't count as a town.

Don't know if anybody else got a lifted one like me in these parts yet. funny thing about that, most folks don't notice mines lifted. But a couple of kids passed me downtown the other day, and yelled out window "GET A HUMMER!"

Hehehe. Had to smile.

Pyro

Western North Carolina:clap:, with our combination of mountain driving, gravel and dirt roads, and un-predictable weather, you can't (pardon the expression) 'swing a dead cat' without hitting a Subaru. Folks have known this for a generation or so and Subies are everywhere, I have even lived in Boulder CO, and there are way more Subes here than there. Problem is, not enough enthusiast owners, but (something being said here) folks who know what 'works' in any and all conditions.

Ditto to that! I worked at Prestige SUBARU for a few months in parts...and I loved seeing 1 in 4 cars=SUBARU.

In Atlanta tho....I'm lucky to see 1 out of 1000. :(

in bozeman here me and the wife drove down main street. in 4 or so blocks we saw 70+ subarus,

When we went through Bozeman we started playing the "Subaru game" with in a block of entering town there were so many that we couldn't keep up!!!! There was one small car lot that must have had a dozen EA82 Subbies on it. They get my vote for capital in the US. Israel gets my vote for international Subby capitol. Tim

Berkshire County (western Mass) is loaded with em, lump that with southern Vermont and you've got my vote for Subi mecca.

Broaden that mecca eastward... I swear every other car on the North Shore is a Subaru... a wide variety of years and models.

the only suby here in Stockton is mine ( at least thats how it feels) but if you head out towards Sonora ( The Subaru Junkie knows where this town is) and up the mountain you will find that 1 in 4 cars is an ea82. i mean there everywhere once you pass up the town of Sonora. this is probally the Subaru Capital of the US.

i dunno, you guys ever been to Denver? my friend who lives there and has owned three subs claims CO is home to the largets independent sub service shop. not sure how valid that claim is, but i'd believe it. i was out there for a meeting and i swear you could stand in the parking lot and count 5+ subs in any direction you looked.

i dunno, you guys ever been to Denver? my friend who lives there and has owned three subs claims CO is home to the largets independent sub service shop. not sure how valid that claim is, but i'd believe it. i was out there for a meeting and i swear you could stand in the parking lot and count 5+ subs in any direction you looked.

Super Rupair in Boulder, CO claims to be the largest indepentent Subaru shop in the U.S.A. if not the world. I bought a used EJ22 from them this year, and saw the shop.

Here in Colorado, there are Subaru's everywhere. I think Colorado leads the U.S.A. in Subaru sales, but don't quote me on that. I live in metro Denver, and I started counting Subaru's on my way to work each day, I never counted fewer than 20 ru's on my 10 mile drive into downtown Denver daily.

Used parts, and cars are plentiful here. People here like to have 4WD and reliablilty, and Subaru fits the bill perfectly.

I have lived in Colorado all my life, and I have yet to actually own a Subaru vehicle. I just transplanted an EJ22 into my VW Vanagon this summer, so I am half way there. My next car purchase will likely be a Subaru Legacy wagon or Outback wagon.

Cheers!

Andy

I live in Port Townsend WA, and I swear to god that 1 in 10 cars here is a Subaru. The populace is mostly highly educated progressive ex hippies and the like.....

(swinging dead cat hitting Soobs, Saabs and coffee shops!) You cannot even go down the street here in Ballard (a neighborhood north of seattle) without seeing a Soob or Saab.

My girlfriend went to Western Washington University in Bellingham, so I've spent a lot of time up there over the last three years. Lots of progressives, hippies, and Subarus up there.

Boone, NC

small college town in the mountains

snow/sleet/ice possible 9 months out of the year

steep and curvy roads

subaru dealership in business for 26 yrs.

old and new cars.......old and new drivers

seriously sometimes on the road all you see are soobs.

per capita i would say MECCA.

but i did live in Gallatin county for a while.

and bozeman has alot of soobs.