Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whos Got the Most Miles

Said it before but I'll say it again.

There's a professor near here,just over the line in NY,who claims to have over 1,500,000 miles on his 4WD wagon,which I believe is a 1982.His wife came out and verified it.He's taught all over the country and Europe.When he taught here it was schools like U of FL,Mich. State,etc..... all long hauls which he's make every Sunday to and every Friday from.He'd get home,pull in the garage and drain the oil.Go in,kiss the wife and proceed to finish the oil change.

He also has a Hatchback with well over 450,000 and the original engine and components on the engine.

Coolest educator I've ever met.He also has a couple of micro cars and a few other really cool items.

I asked him to pass his story along to Subaru,but I don't read "Drive" or any other publications Subaru puts on regularly.Maybe he did,you folks tell me.

91 Loyale with 310,000 engine just came out for the first time for a rebuild. Looking for another 300k+

97 Impreza outback sport with 306,000+ all original also. Engine has had a reseal.

Paid $100 for the loyale and $500 for the impreza.

Hush

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted to take the pic at 100mph but the conditions weren't right, Whole story here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37232&highlight=All_talk

Gary

my 1991 loyale 4wd station now on 242000 km!

where r u all driving to?:brow:

i live in israel

small country

600 km on the long side, 38 acros

no where to drive.

my car was goverment prime minister office, drove presedant rabin few times in israel and lebanon.

as i was told one day by the driver of rabin on tlv beach......

50.jpg

here on the holy place - jordan river (stream):

hey, All_Talk had to get the speedo needle out of the way of the odometer somehow :D

And if you add up my Turbowagon (191,000), Truck (123,000), Jessica's car (145,000), the Mirage (144,000) and my Polara (I think 95,000 but could be 195,000.. It hasnt' been driven since 1980, and I don't think anyone put 195,000 on a gas hog like that thing in 12 years..) it comes out to 698,000 :D

My buddy Merlin used to have a camoflaged 79 wagon that had over 500,000 on it, ran like a champ too!

Wow, you folks have way more miles than me - I'm a pip squeak at 117,000 - I've got a long way to go. You do help me realise why I like fix'n my own car though: $$$$$. I could drop $ 18,000 - $60,000 on a new car or work on a $1000 beater (they used to be $50 -200, but I'm an old guy I guess). I think it was Lee Iochoca in a speach to the SAE who said that no car that Chrysler produced cost more than $4000 to build. In the same vein I have a friend with an Ivy League MBA and who's made tons of money as a venture capitalist who always points out that the cost difference between making 100,000 cars and 100,001 cars is about $1.00. The moral: watch your backs. Car mfgs are coming up with all sorts of ways to make sure you can't drive that old car forever; you'll have to buy a new one, it'll cost too much to fix the old one.

well, my impreza is just close to 179k... not that old yet :rolleyes:

the 83 wagon I had a while back (its in SLC UT somewhere now?) had 325k on it when I drove it to its new owner- ran great!

there is that one 99 outback in europe owned by some old guy who just drives and drives (its on the high milage subaru club website) and he has around 800,000 Km on it!!!! :eek: (they have a photo of the cars odo too)