Ultimate Subaru Message Board

goodbye cats

I have found a guy who will redo a y pipe for me so I will be sans cats.Just wondering if there are any problems that could pop up because of it.He will be installing a bung so I can keep the O2 sensor.One of the nice things about SD,no vehicle inspections of any kind.Yeah for me.Dave.

I have found a guy who will redo a y pipe for me so I will be sans cats.Just wondering if there are any problems that could pop up because of it.He will be installing a bung so I can keep the O2 sensor.One of the nice things about SD,no vehicle inspections of any kind.Yeah for me.Dave.

Your O2 arn't going to read correctly and you'll probably need to get some dummy O2 sensors depending on the veh. You'll most likley atart runny way lean or way rich because of the miss read. im not sure where but i know you can by dummy o2s that will give your car the correct reading all the time and i think they are probably like 20 bucks a peice.

Your O2 arn't going to read correctly and you'll probably need to get some dummy O2 sensors depending on the veh. You'll most likley atart runny way lean or way rich because of the miss read...

Not true for the old Subies (assuming it’s the ’87 in his sig), they only have 1 O2 that’s mounted before both cats, so removing them wont change anything. In fact if its a '87 with a non-feedback carb it wont even have an O2.

Gary

Not true for the old Subies (assuming it’s the ’87 in his sig), they only have 1 O2 that’s mounted before both cats, so removing them wont change anything. In fact if its a '87 with a non-feedback carb it wont even have an O2.

Gary

Thanks for the info i just know about the newer cars O2!

Yeah it is the 87 in my sig.It is SPFI and only has one O2 sensor just bafore the first cat.She goes in monday to an undisclosed location.Its only costing me $60 for a new Y pipe and a couple of feet of pipe and having the O2 bung installed.Can't wait to see if I pick up any power from this.Dave.