Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WTB 2006 Forester...any owners here?

I'm loking at buying a 2006 Forester XT Ltd. Are there any current owners here that have inpout on these? Pros, cons, opinions, facts that aren't comon knowledge?

TIA

I have a 2003 Forester XS and was thinking about upgrading but decided not to. The XT needs premium fuel and with gas prices continuing to climb............... Also got the specs, brochure, etc. from the dealer and doesn't seem to be worth the extra cash. It has slightly less ground clearance than the base models, and the 2006 models have all gained a little extra horsepower and torque. I'll probably keep mine until it dies and then get another model equivalent to the one I've got. Best car I've ever owned. First Subabru and I won't buy anything else!

I hear ya about the the gas prices, that right there is a big reason not to buy the XT. I had written-off the extra hp rom the turbo, even though it would be nice to have. But don't the XT's have a raised suspension?

thanks.

I hear ya about the the gas prices, that right there is a big reason not to buy the XT. I had written-off the extra hp rom the turbo, even though it would be nice to have. But don't the XT's have a raised suspension?

thanks.

What Subaru did is change the exhaust system to increase the ground clearance 0.6 inches on the base models, but the XT actually has a little less ground clearance than the non-turbo models. I found that a mid-range model gives a good bang for the buck. Significantly better options than the base, but none of the high priced gas issues or lower ground clearance that the XT has.

WTF!!! Why do people get so bent out of shape over putting premium in their car!!!!?!?!?!??? It's an extra $.20 per gallon! It's really not that much. In a year, running 20,000 miles a year, on 19mpg, I will have spent only $210 extra. To me, the turbo is worth an extra $1000 a year for the fun factor. On a car that gets better mileage than my ej22t, and sees fewer miles it's a negligable difference. I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over putting premium gasoline in their car.

WTF!!! Why do people get so bent out of shape over putting premium in their car!!!!?!?!?!??? It's an extra $.20 per gallon! It's really not that much. In a year, running 20,000 miles a year, on 19mpg, I will have spent only $210 extra. To me, the turbo is worth an extra $1000 a year for the fun factor. On a car that gets better mileage than my ej22t, and sees fewer miles it's a negligable difference. I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over putting premium gasoline in their car.

Depends on your point of view. I can think of far better things to do with $210 let alone $1000 for a "fun factor" than to pay more for already overpriced gas. Anyone who wants to contribute to the oil companies already outrageous profits are free to do so. I don't need a turbo and refuse to waste money for excess power that I will never truly need.

1. Don't buy a vehicle that recommends any grade you don't want to pay for.

2. Use regular grade, the knck sensor will make adjustments and your car will still work.

3. gasoline is still cheap in before tax, inflation adjusted price.

4. you would still buy it if it were $7 a gallon and you know it.

Carl