Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brooklyn Rallycross

I don't think I am going to make this rally cross I only get sundays off. And even though I requested 2 saturdays off this month for Wcss7 and this rally cross... My boss is a bastard and I don't think he is going to let me. I really hate my new job. Brooklyn is my favorite rally cross. I so wish they had them on sundays!!!

well my car isnt exactly a rally car:) other wise, i would go. if you guys are gona make like a lil stop at smith creek, i guess i will come there, if anyone wants to meet up, tell me. maybee i'll have a barbeque or somtin. how bout er' cousin:lol:

Mark call me 206-669-2207

Please Note: This is a TENTATIVE Event Schedule

• Morning Session: G5, Production GT, Open classes
  • 08:00 – 9:00 Technical Inspection/Registration Location: 2050 North River Road, Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 09:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • Parade Lap - immediately following Drivers Meeting
  • First Car Out - Immediately following Parade Lap 12:00 ? Lunch Break (after morning classes runs completed)
  • Afternoon session: Production, Group 2, Truck/SUV classes
  • 12:00- 13:00. Afternoon Technical Inspection/Registration 2050 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:30 Parade Lap
  • 14:45 First Car Out
  • 16:00 ? Finish/Awards (as soon as afternoon classes runs are completed)

Well, here are the directions from the Brooklyn Tavern 'site:

2697 North River Road Brooklyn WA (near the Brooklyn Tavern)

Directions: (pavement only): From North of Olympia: Drive South on 1-5 through Olympia, take the Ocean Beaches/Aberdeen Exit, stay on Highway 8 towards Elma. Drive to the Montesano/Raymond exit, (Hwy 107). Turn left. Drive to Hwy 101. Turn left. Pass Artic, watch for “Brooklyn” sign. Turn left on the N. River Rd, drive 17 miles. To travel on the infamous 7 mile “Brooklyn Stage” (gravel), take I-S to Exit 88, head west. Enter Oakville; turn left at the Post Office. Drives SLOWLY through the Indian Reservation, cross the Bridge, turn left. At approximately 3 miles, watch for “Brooklyn” sign to your right. Stay on that road until you come to the gravel, after 7 miles, you will hit pavement again. Drive 3 miles to the Tavern for tech and registration

It was another good day for the USMB faction. Complete results will be on the Brooklyn Tavern website in a few days, but qman took first in Open class with his Brat, and I took first in Truck with my son's Brat (mine is still hiding in Bozeman). Charles Morrill from the NASIOC Board took 1st in Production GT in his Legacy GT just edging out XSNRG in his RX. The course was lengthened by adding another field and even the fastest run of the day was over 2:30. A nice course layout which typically flowed nicely from turn to turn with the shifting ground conditions adding to the challenge. The length and apparent roughness of the course made for lots of DNFs for some cars.....there were at least 7 cases of tires being flattened (sometimes lower pressures are not good) and two cars with terminal overheating problems. Weather was phenomenal although a bit hot; the local Grange was out with food and cold pop so it had some of the air of a large family picnic. One of the things I found interesting was the enthusiasm of the spectators hooting and cheering as some of the cars made a spectacular finish or a low time for their run.

Well, I had a FANTASTIC time at the rally cross....and that gravel road on the way home. I had the blue '86 wagon and my friend Sean had the black imprezza with stickers all over it.

On our way home though, we got in a really bad wreck on I-5, just before the 512 exit. Somehow everybody was OKAY, i've got some whiplash and some impressive bruises, but I'll heal. Thank God noboby was hurt. Sean's car is totaled for sure, and mine will be totalled by insurance, but might be fixable. Sean posed about it on NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816934&page=1&pp=25

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you are both okay; cars can be replaced but I know that's small consolation. Tacoma traffic was particularly bad that day....both heading south for the rallycross and coming home. Too bad you didn't make it onto 512; I always take it coming north just to avoid the mess of traffic through the center of Tacoma.