Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cross Country Trip --- Emergency contact info needed ASAP!

my girlfriend and I are driving across the country in my '91 legacy wagon, and, well, we're not quite sure if we'll make it or not

(keyway is buggered on crank pulley and sprocket that turns timing belt because previous owner did not torque down crank pulley bolt... it turned out without resistance using 3/8" ratchet and socket.... keyway is twice as big as it should be. we added lock-tite and torqued down to 100ft-lbs and hope it will make it)

so what we're looking for is people along the way that could provide assistance should we need it for anything.

our tentative route is new york, through NE pennsylvania, through Ohio, indiana, illinois, iowa, south dakota, montana, oregon, california, back through to colorado and then basically taking the same route back home.

if you're anywhere near this route, please let me know how I can get ahold of you if we're stranded beside the road with a broken subaru, I'd much appreciate it :)

I'll also put a post in the old gen as that's where I usually hang out. if mods don't agree they can delete.

I can probably send a good harmonic balancer with a normal size keyway; I haven't got one now but will probably find one in the next few days. Think about a shipping address for it.

Ed, I still have the pulley that you sold me. My need is not immediate, so it can be shipped if needed.

Otherwise, my phone mumber is (360) three seven seven dash four five eight two. Probably further west than you planned to go, but have ability to recover you from various western states. :)

Pat

I'm in Tigard, Oregon (just South of Portland)and being a mechanic by trade, I can fix anything, anywhere, anytime!!! My outback wagon can go just about anywhere in all conditions too! My cell #503-three-one- four-seven-five-three-five. I can travel pretty far if needed.

Well if you make it all the way to CO and have a problem, give me a ring at (720) nine eight five three two three eight-Keith

(had that same problem with my wife's legacy, ended up buying a new pulley and key, then actually tack welding the key into the crank since the crank got chewed up and wouldn't hold the key correctly)

I'm on the west end of South Dakota in Rapid City.Chef_Tim is on the east end in Sioux Falls.If you are in this area and need help my number is (605)484-4111.If you have problems on the east end of SD get ahold of Tim.He and Vicky are,no kidding,the nicest people you will ever meet.If you want a guide through the Black Hills I would love to show you around.Dave