Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 Brat Radio Wiring diagrams

Are you going to use the factory speakers? If not, use a VOM on the harness to find power and constant power and crimp into those two wires for the terminals on the CD player and then run separate wires for each speaker. If you use the 3m Side crimps you can leave your existing wiring intact so you can reinstall the factory radio later too. When I did mine I just ran new speakers and wires to the rear behind the seats and put the speakers in "truck boxes" so it all can be returned to factory with one big plug.

I highly recommend running a new constant power wire. The factory wire is insufficient to power newer decks.. I would say between 12-14 AWG wire. It is easy.The ground and ACC power are ok to use the factory wires though.. A test light may take about ten minutes to find the correct wires but makes a wiring diagram unnecessary.

thanks for the help guys.

i rewired all the speakers with stronger wire, (also found some better speakers at my local pap).i did run a constant power wire for the new system.i plan on making truck boxes in the future for speakers behind the seats since there is so much wasted space behind there.i had to pretty much destroy the original radio bezel with a hack saw to make way for the new radio/bezel adapter.i did leave all the original wires and stuff in there incase.

-Jon