Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No part of the BRAT looking good enough for full photos yet, so how about this?

grill2.jpg

I know, it's just a grill badge, but I have the sense of accomplishment for having repainted it as well as the grill XSNRG sent me. I still don't have the damn thing running yet, but it's going to be the best damn looking paperweight when I get done... she should run when I get the new ignition lock and electrical bits in there though. All my progress/updates available by clicking on the little BRAT photo below.

Looks good but I think it would look better with a little trap door around the emblem?

Go 82 !:headbang:

Show us pictures of the car! I wouldn't worry about the condition for pictures..........after all have you seen the pictures everyone else has posted?:cornfuzz:

Glenn,

82 Hatch, transforming.........:temper:

01 Forester, jealous..............:madder:

Thanks folks! It's some stuff VHT makes- I get it from SummitRacing.com. It's a vinyl dye (works on plastic, leather, pleather, cloth- you can even do seats/carpet with it, and I will :D) and goes for about $7 a can I believe. It comes in lots of colors, and I chose Dove Gray for the ceiling and Charcoal Gray for most everything else. One can goes a looooong way. For most parts, I wash first with a degreaser, then sand (if plastic), let dry, wipe down with DuPont Prep-Sol solvent (any solvent should work, just use something 'light' that dries quickly in the air). The solvent ensures there is no residual water on the part and (more importantly) no grease/oils from your hands. I wait maybe 10 minutes or so after the solvent to ensure it dries. Then, I spray in one direction (this stuff dries quick) and give it a second coat at a 90 degree angle to the first coat, to ensure total coverage. You let the stuff dry for a day or so, and then wash with warm soapy water to get the powdery finish knocked down, and it looks great :-)!

Originally posted by Sweet82

I can't believe your going to that extent to restore your Brat! Removing the Dash sucks!:banghead:

Been there done that

It's going to look good when your done.:banana:

Glenn,

If you think that's bad, wait until I have to un-weld my seats from the floorpan to Rhino line it- ugh. I'm having the Trunkmonkey Racing cage builder (did I mention this is destined to be a support vehicle for the Trunkmonkey Racing PGT Impreza L and P Dodge Neon :D?) do the dismount of the seats and weld some brackets to the floor so I can bolt in a set of Impreza seats (out of the PGT Impreza actually). With any luck, he can weld me up a quick 'low' rollbar for it too! While we're at it, I'm going to see about mounting a set of more conventional struts/springs out of an Impreza donor- might as well try while I have the expertise at hand!