Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'FREE' gen 1 brat stuff

anyone that met up for the convoy from whatcom county to wcss7 might remember the guy that came up offering to let us go through his brat... for free(so far anyway).

well mudisfun and myself went and raided a few things, this guy was ultra nice... if we got stuck on a bolt he'd come over and figure it out for us... got all kinds of nifty stuff just handed to us out of his garage (example and 3rd eye which i believe my brother plans to give to one eye).

we decided too much hassle to save the car (no title, some other things missing, etc... so we're grabbing parts)

if anyone wants some gen 1 stuff let one of us know, and i'll try to remember... he plans on crushing it probably the winter (when he 'finally get's tired of the thing') so send those requests... if its easy i'll grab it, if you're close i'll try to get you in contact with him (he seemed hip to that idea)

By any chance is the tailgate still available? And (*insert laughter here*) rear tailights?

Just grab the parts anyway...who knows who will need what down the road.

It will make the owner feel better if more of his car is used for others.

The parts can always be pitched later if they really are too bad to use.

Take as much as you can get.

Offer to haul the carcus off when your done and save him the trip.

....and thank the owner for his generosity!

my .02

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

The tailgate that I might be looking to replace is pretzeled; almost anything would be an improvement.

BTW, if he wants the carcass gone I might be able to find a place where we can pick the poor thing clean until it is just sunbleached bones.

The tailgate that I might be looking to replace is pretzeled; almost anything would be an improvement.

BTW, if he wants the carcass gone I might be able to find a place where we can pick the poor thing clean until it is just sunbleached bones.

Whatever could you mean???? :lol:

i know the guy is all up for handing it off to someone...(no title though) if you have a flat bed, i've already grabbed most everything attached to the front wheels... and in planning are the rear (if i'm adventurous, it's 'parked' on top a bunch of black berry bushes, kinda suspended by them)

as for me finding a home for it... i'd probably offer to get it towed to a junk yard, if he didn't live 100 feet from the one he works at.

Dood!! glad to hear you went and looked at the brat and got some stuff from it. How are the fenders??? I really really really want a set of decent fenders. Dents are ok as long as its not rusted to all heck. I dont know when the next time I'll be in bellingham will be, but I'll definately compensate your time for shipping them if they are good.

-Mike

what? your passenger side fender was looking great!

Dood!! glad to hear you went and looked at the brat and got some stuff from it. How are the fenders??? I really really really want a set of decent fenders. Dents are ok as long as its not rusted to all heck. I dont know when the next time I'll be in bellingham will be, but I'll definately compensate your time for shipping them if they are good.

-Mike

if it's not listed above (other people called it) or below:

steering related stuff

engine

break boost

driver side hub ( i think that's what it's called)

coil and the small important things

radiator/fan

seats(if i'm adventurous)

halfshafts (up front so far)

possibly the crossmember (the big metal guy holding the steering stuff)

brush guard

lights

owners manual!

shifter knob and 4wd knob

just say what you want and i'll try to grab it. day light and the annoyance factor being the only reason i'll be calling it a day...

I'll take some pics when i get back to it and try to make a third trip (if the guy isn't annoyed with me) if i make a third trip i make ask for donations to taking the guy and his wife to dinner or something.

Whats available still?

I call dibs on the following:

Brushgaurd

Any Salvagable Interior Parts(dash, door panels, gauges).......that's assuming it's not too much to ask? it'll be worth your while.

-Flynt

I'll work at that interior.

i've already taken the brush guard (sorry, i probably should've re-worded that)

...........................................................................................

it's available if it's not listed above (other people called it) or below(I've pulled/called it):

list of stuff i've taken or plan to:

--------------------------------

steering related stuff

engine

break boost

driver side hub ( i think that's what it's called)

coil and the small important enginey things

radiator/fan

seats(if i'm adventurous)

halfshafts (up front so far)

possibly the crossmember (the big metal guy holding the steering stuff)

brush guard

lights

owners manual!

shifter knob and 4wd knob

just say what you want and i'll try to grab it. day light and the annoyance factor being the only reason i'll be calling it a day...

I'll take some pics when i get back to it and try to make a third trip (if the guy isn't annoyed with me) if i make a third trip i make ask for donations to taking the guy and his wife to dinner or something.

...........................................................................................

Uncoolperson,

So I have a desperate update for parts I need. So I was out on the sand dunes again and cracked my brand new radiator.. IS the radiator still up for grabs? I REALLY REALLY want it if it is (and it holds water of course) also I am still interested in those fenders if they are in decent shape.

-Mike

Let me know how much for shipping to California, 93422

okay here's what i've grabbed for everybody... the cars is up for grabs someone with a flat bed come take it and pull the stuff i got to angry at.

tailgate (missing handle and the cover for the mechanism... pics to come

pass side taillight assembly (none on drivers)

mirror and gas pedal

sorry there was no radiator, and the fenders well two bolts just poped off (all rusty) and two became rounded... i figure rather that me beating them off someone might grab the car and make an effort (seeing as i'm sure there's a trick to make it work)