Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie in ORA mag!

Roundeye

All we need now is for someone, anyone to get a full article!! :drunk::grin:

Now THAT would be cool. Most mags that cater to big truck and Jeeps would have added a mindless comment then brag about how loud their V8 is......ORA is different. They focus on OFF-ROADING. Not tire size or number of cylinders. Off Road Adventures is owned by 4WD Hardware, a major off-road vehicle parts suppier/modifier.

Notice they published the fact that I used OZified lift and Toyota rims. None of which they sell. They do not offer parts for Subarus. Yet they printed my letter and showed my wagon. THAT is true class.

I have ordered alot of Jeep parts from them in the past and will likely order some Cherokee parts from them in the near future. I did some measurements and found out that a Cherokee is almost the same size as a Subie wagon. Aftermarket bumpers, roof racks and some body armor for Cherokees can be made to fit a Subaru.

I want a Rockcrusher front bumper with stinger and winch mount, winch and roof rack. Cherokee parts will fit the bill.

I attempted a submission back in January. Probably didnt make it past the editors circular file..

Seeing you made it through, I should snap some more pics and send em in. If enough of us "show our asses", it might poke and prod them into looking at carrying a small array of subie parts once they realize just how many of us there are.

I'm still waiting for an OX Locker for the R160/180/200. ;)

I attempted a submission back in January. Probably didnt make it past the editors circular file..

Seeing you made it through, I should snap some more pics and send em in. If enough of us "show our asses", it might poke and prod them into looking at carrying a small array of subie parts once they realize just how many of us there are.

I'm still waiting for an OX Locker for the R160/180/200. ;)

i agree with this

Just got my copy today and was blown away, a great pic IMO. The fact they took the time to print it and give it a spot in the mag is a sign to how broad the mag is. As stated earlier they generally do an excellent job of covering "off-road" topics rather than specific rigs. The mag usually has a section covering ATVs, dirt bikes, and boats as well. A few months ago their cover vehicle was an Isuzu Amigo and they did a nice write up on the owner and his rig. (My first love is my 86 Trooper LWB) and prior to that I had a difficult time finding anything remotely related to Zus. Now Subes are getting some attention and perhaps the playing field will be a bit more level. Not that Jeeps, GMs, etc., are bad but most of us have seen them before and personally I feel its time for a positve change. I enjoy all rigs from a base Wrangler to a worked Nissan Patrol but we Subes need some more positive attention such as this article. My only hope is that ORA won't be getting a lot of "hate" mail for running that letter.

Craig

yeah my brother showed me the pic today, i had remembered that he said he saw a suby in an offroad mag, he hasn't really seen a suby with a lift and some tsl's, he said it looks bad rump roast and now i'm trying to find him another suby. i think this whole suby thing is additive.

Another way to positivly represent Subarus to others is getting involved with clubs and events. Joining a responsible club promotes responsible offroading. Promoting a positive image makes it easier to maintain our rich history to legal trails. However we can't keep or gain any new trails if we don't get involved :)

I know most people I've met and wheel'd with love the Subaru. The fact you are out there on the trails with all the big, expensive, rigs is half of it. Then they get inerested and ask questions. A lot of the fun in offroading is talking to others, seeing how they setup their ORV, and helping eachother out on the trail.

I'm still in shock. I can't believe it every time I look at that page. I just sent them another letter congratulating them on their professionalism.

The best thing everyone here can do is the same. Send them a letter or e-mail and let them know how many of us are out here and how cool that was of them to show a Subaru in their magazine. Better yet, request a 4 Wheel Drive Hardware catalog and support them. Many Cherokee parts can be made to fit a Subaru and lots of accessories like lights, winches, recovery gear and tires can be used on Subies.

I think I got our foot in the door, now we need to break it down and get an article. An excellent way to do that is to attend a trail ride where they will be. The off-road scene sucks around here so I can't do much in that department, but if anyone lives near Moab, Badlands, Rubicon, Tellico or the like should hit those trails and be seen!

Let people know that these are NOT your Father's Subarus!:headbang: