Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did you buy the car used? Does it have an aftermarket alarm/remote entry?

The reason I ask is that I once bought a viper alarm for a car a long time ago. The install guy asked me what kind of "settings" I wanted. one of them was to automatically lock and arm the car after the ignition was turned off after a set period of time.

I second bjwirth!

I had a keyless entry added to my 95 Legacy. (I think it is Viper) No alarm, just entry. One of the settings they did was for it to automatically lock. I didn't like it so I had them reprogram it. Only took them about 10 minutes.

Either way, it is probably just a setting.

i got the car used and i dont know nothing about it . if it were a chevy or a ford or vw . i would know . but this is all new to me . how do i find out if it has automatic locks or not or if there is a fuse i can take out ? please help me and thank you for the help you have given me already .

i need help with my door locks , they keep locking even with the doors open . what do i do ? how can i stop them from doing that ?

You have a short.

If it makes you feel any better; some rump roast wired my passenger side in parallel.:rolleyes: So, if I want to roll up both windows, one has to wait in line.:banghead: Sometimes I feel as though mechanics need to stay WAY the hell away from wiring.

i need help with my door locks , they keep locking even with the doors open . what do i do ? how can i stop them from doing that ?

I would first look at the lock switch on the drivers door as the culprit. You may be able to disconnect the switch to prove it as the source of the problem. If that doesn't work, then the switch on the drivers door lock mechanism would be my next bet.

Describe in detail what's happening.

I mentioned 90-94 Legacies because damn near every single one of them have the infamous door-lock problem. My Legacy, for example: Any passenger other than myself has to hold their door lock open, while pulling the handle, in order to get out. Otherwise it will lock immediately.

I'm still not 100% sure why it does this; I've yet to get around to fixing mine. But there is a plastic clip somewhere that is doomed to break, and that's what happens when it does.

Legacy777 has fixed his I believe, hopefully he'll chime in and say exactly what it is.

they sound like they are still trying to lock or unlock . i think some times it will run my battery down the way is sounds . when you get out they are locked all but the drivers side i have to lock it . are they a fuse or what do i do ? i'm at a stand still on it . i want to fix it myself with out the help from my sons , after john passed away i have done things on my own and still going to try to . and i Really glad that You All have helped me as much as You have , Thank You Alot . and i'm glad i found this site i have fiqured out alot in here . Thank You so much

To Starfire and Subyluvr2212:

I think both of your problems are due to a dirty or bad lock switch. Please refer to my post #11. You will have to remove the drivers door panel to get at the switch. Simply remove the connector to the lock switch and see if the problem stops. If it does stop then try cleaning the switch or replace it. If it doesn't stop, then look at the driver's door lock switch as the problem. As far as I know, these are the only switches that can lock all the doors at once. If I am wrong, and the passenger doors can lock all the doors also, then those switches will need to be checked the same way. The driver's door is the most suspect since it is used the most.