Ultimate Subaru Message Board

High Miles on your Legacy Outback?

Had six here thiss week one 340000kms next one 300400kms anuther with 480000kms and 320000kms 404000kms one at 270000kms and 425000kms havent seen one under 250000kms in long time around here a low milage outback is under 300000kms Mind you I have done ether headgaskets or motors on most. But they do seem to last longer if driven every day the ones that sit break. The one with 480000kms i did heads at 420000kms and told her no idea how long it will last but still going ! and the engine was one of the cleanest and nicest inside iv'e seen. One owner driven every day 500kms or better. Having me close by probly helps lots to

Our 93 legacy sedan had 348,000 on it, the previous owner overheated it, and I replaced the haed gaskets, then it ran great til I hit a cow in the dark...overheated it getting home, banged her back together in the driveway, did another head job, but failed to replace the timing belt tensioner so it slipped, and then decided to buy another 2.2 with only 90,000 on it, and it runs great but has other issues.

Our 1997 outback has 336,000 miles, but 30,000 ago they replaced the 2.5 with a 2.2. It ran great till my son ran it off the road joyriding. Hope to iron out the details tomorrow.

My dodge cummins has 346,000 miles on it, and the engine runs great, but other issues keep creeping up on me with that...going to just keep fixing it.

I have a 96' legacy 2.2 with 259,000.  I got it with 150,000 and have added tie rod ends, brakes, timing belt, wheel bearing, struts, and a rack and pinion boot.  It has traveled many bumpy rocky mountain and PACNW roads loaded with a 14ft raft, kayaks, gear, friends, and dogs.  And it's been my dirtbag home while working on rivers in WA,OR, and CO.  If you love you subie it will love you back!  I probably wouldn't still be alive if it wasn;t for the safe handling of the AWD system!