Ultimate Subaru Message Board

off road on the 1/4 mile

subarunewbie2005

wat my dad doesn't no is i took it to the offroad 1/4 mile and it was just a dirt road and i was like ok. everyone told me it was hard and i just went through it easy and didn't have ne problems ant then when i went to the skatepark it started to rattle on me and we think its the flywheel and it is cracked but we don't no yet so it get so :banghead: .. i also have troubles opening my back hatch and getting my stunt bike out so have ne suggestion message me

when you say rattle on me what do you mean? Rattle coming from the tranny or the engine? Is it the driver side or the passenger side.

cracked flywheel sounds really unlikely. Those things are huge and very thick. You would get a lot of engine/tranny shudder and vibration is that's what happened.

If it's only a dirt packed road, I doubt anything major happened.

One time I was driving my OBS and I did this huge e-brake slide and got going sideways. I didn't counter steer so my front wheel was also going sideways and hit some ruts. bent the steel rim doing that. That may be the extent of your damage.

RE the hatch, did this happen after your dirt road trip or was it already happening before?

Good luck

BW

when you say rattle on me what do you mean? Rattle coming from the tranny or the engine? Is it the driver side or the passenger side.

cracked flywheel sounds really unlikely. Those things are huge and very thick. You would get a lot of engine/tranny shudder and vibration is that's what happened.

If it's only a dirt packed road' date=' I doubt anything major happened.

One time I was driving my OBS and I did this huge e-brake slide and got going sideways. I didn't counter steer so my front wheel was also going sideways and hit some ruts. bent the steel rim doing that. That may be the extent of your damage.

RE the hatch, did this happen after your dirt road trip or was it already happening before?

Good luck

BW[/quote']

it started after i went off roading and its comeing from the middle of the car towards the rear more . the think on the dirt road it was packed but there were alot of washout spots and i hit one going bout 20 and hit pretty hard and then it started raddleing. we got the latch fixed. we popped off the back door panel on the inside and then we pulled the rod leading to the latch and gave it a couple of turns and then it work. i think that it just slipped out

Well now dad DOES know :( ..........gonna have to have a talk with him:-\ . I guess he figured what dad doesnt know wont hurt him. Yeah right. Anyways we have narowed the rattle down to either an exhaust hanger or the heat shield. And the hatch latch...............what he DIDNT say was that he was trying to bend the latch hook to make it work until Dear Old Dad noticed the latch rod...............................anyways thanks for the help yall. Let ya know what we find out.