Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Salvage yards in Wisconsin specializing in Subaru?

It is time for me to say goodbye to a 1982 Subaru GL 4WD station wagon. I have heard that there are salvage yards in Wisconsin that specialize in Subarus. I have searched USMB, but can't find any threads on the subject. Any help you can give me locating them would be greatly appreciated. I am located in northeastern Illinois. Thank you.

Dave Wood

Thank you very much for the information, MorganM. Unfortunately, the link did not work, but I think I found Subaru Heaven, to wit:

Cindy's Classic Auto Parts

300 US Highway 12 And 18

Cambridge, WI 53523

(608) 423-4307

I have read that the proprietor can be rather unpleasant, but sometimes I have a bad day, too.

Anyway, I'm struggling with parting with my wagon because I like it a lot. But at 208,000 miles, it has developed some transmission, front axle, and other problems and I can't see spending the money to get it fixed. The engine (except alternator) is good and the center lamp works. I would be very happy if my wagon could be a donor car to other enthusiasts.

Thanks again!

Dave Wood

Humble Nuto 53, I very much want to pass my wagon on to a good home. I would be very pleased if the car or its parts were of use to a Subaru enthusiast. If this means you, I'd like to talk further. For me, I just can't justify spending the money required to keep my GL on the road.

Dave Wood

p.s. where is squaresville baby?

post-466-13602760302_thumb.jpg