Ultimate Subaru Message Board

strut tower braces... anybody use em???

i've been playing around with my car... you know... sit for a few hours taking things off and messing with stuff...

and i noticed how easy it would be to put in a brace in the rear of my brat... tons of people at school and stuff use them and i've seen some pretty good results... i know the rear is a torsion bar suspension but would using a brace help to stiffen it up at all??? anybody done it???

the front is a harder one to deal with... with the spare tire sitting square in the middle of the strut towers... and no room to go overtop... i was thinking of just using that one when rallying or something along those lines and having the spare strapped down in the rear... because hey i don't want to be fumbling with a spare under the hood when i'm trying to meet a deadline...:rolleyes:

and for the rear... you wouldn't even be able to see it... it would be tucked really close to the jump seats...

thanks all...

• 5 years later...

TA DA!

Since I have relocated the spare tire to the trunk it was easy enough to do this with some alloy tubing.

I was surprised to feel such a dramatic improvement to the handling. I would reccomend this mod for sure.

P1030698.jpg