Ultimate Subaru Message Board

re-factory installing jump seats...

ok so the previous owner of my brat did a horrible job making the jump seats removable... and since people actually use them i think there should be more then 2 bolts holding the darn things in...

so i need to know some stuff... i have been looking at pics of the way the jump seats were installed from factory... the tabs welded to the seat bracket then the tabs welded to the bed... but the jump seats aren't laying right on the bed... the tabs hold it up... so i just want the measurement of that distance... i am trying my hardest to make the legal... and that means completely factory... i will most likely beaf up the thickness of the tabs but that is an improvement... so i can't see the vihicle inspection people disliking it...

thanks everyone...

thanks for your help...

i need to know how far away from the back wall the seat bracket sits...

now on the seat bracket there should be 4 tabs... and those tabs are what is welded to the bed... now i have the tabs still on the bracket but they were ground down on the bed... i would like to know how far away that tab is from the backwall...

those tabs should also be holding the bracket just above the bed... this measurement isn't to important... but just for a factory look i'd like to get it close...

sorry i don't have a pic... i hope i discribed it good enough...

thanks again!

thanks northwet...

now all i need is money to get it welded... i can do all the prep work myself but i don't have a welder...

and Mike... eye-balling is for chumps!!! heh... chump!:lol:

nah your no chump... so where are you now? back in cali?

thanks northwet...

now all i need is money to get it welded... i can do all the prep work myself but i don't have a welder...

and Mike... eye-balling is for chumps!!! heh... chump!:lol:

nah your no chump... so where are you now? back in cali?

Funny I have been called a lot of things in my life. Chump is a new one for me.

So anyway, ya I am back down in Atascadero, CA. Wreaking havoc on the locals and driving my justy like I stole it. My 78 brat needs a radiator which I have been waiting for because I blew up the old one out on the dunes. :D The important part is that it drove off the beach.. Didnt get stuck or nuthin like the rednecks that come here and break their trucks.