Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SRX rally hatch pictures

I recently bought a '84 hatch and am interested in replicating the SRX decal/sponsorship vinyl and sticker sceme. The problem is the only picture of a SRX I have I found in a magazine and is about the size of a quarter. So my question is does anyone have any pictures of these SRX hatches? Thanks in advance.

-maximus

Shawn was talking about you(i think it was you) wanting measurement and we were thinking we could use wax paper or something like that to get the shape around the pillar. I did a search on Google images and couldn't find anything.

yeah, that's me :)

• 2 weeks later...

this was my dream, at one time, then someone pulled the rug out from under my hook-up in alaska. Doh! no dual-carbed EA-81 with stright-in intake and siameased exahust ports for me. anyway, the decal is the same as the USDM decal that they put on four wheel drive hatchbacks here, just that the little part that says 4WD should say SRX instead.

361982-e_HATCHstripkit-med.jpg

36sRX-med.jpg

361983-srx-med.jpg

all these pics are in my gallery(bigger size too): http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=36

also, my dad does stuff like this far a living, so i could have some made up in any color you would like. let me know.

and if not, the best way to do it is to use some narrow paper tape and line the outer extremes of where you want the decal and then use thin paper and a pencil to make a rubbing of the papertape. then scan it into a computer and fix/alter to perfection.

Sorry if i didn't clarify, I am talking about the rally car SRX. I never knew that the hatch was an SRX in japan. thanks for the cool pictures. I took my hatch out rallycrossing two weekends ago and it did pretty well for what it is, not anywhere close it to what my turbo legacy does, but that is to be expected.

-maximus