Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 Subaru Brat

strentz

You're exactly right and I'm still doing that!

The left back end is just fine. I'm not sure what prices are realistic. I've never done anything along these lines before, so please bear with me and share any wisdom you have.

The "car fixer man" extimated $3500 to get my Baby Brat back in shape, it's still drivable, but is a little lopsided. "He" said it wasn't worth the expense to try to put it back together, so now I think I need to find someone to help me take it apart.

You're talking to a Grandma here, so please if you have advise...

I'm more than willing to hear it.

Being a professional bodyman, it sounds like a steep estimate.Did you have full coverage?if so let the insurance total it (3500 on a 84 Brat repair should do it) THEN ASK FOR THE BUY BACK PRICE!!

VERY IMPORTANT! LOOK UP FULL RETAIL VALUE OF BRAT. Buy back on that old of car should be around 10% of retail. IE: Retail 1995.00 ex.. buyback would be 195.00.

then after all is settled buy car back use leftover money to buy new brat or other subaru(YOU WOULD BUY ANOTHER SUBARU WOULDN'T YOU) and part out wrecked brat or sell whole car here where it would live on with some one else who loves subarus.

other option: go thru same buyback deal use leftover money and find some one who can fix it for less . put left over cash in bank and buy more subaru goodies.

If this sounds confusing give me a call and I can explain insurance or repair procedures on a more personal level. e-mail for my #

you need to talk to Pat and Jerry!!!! they are the brat experts in Yakama!!! (including insurance buy backs! (he got about 4 to $5000 for his brat when it got totaled... then he bought it back for parts)

they are on the board- just put an "ATTN Pat & Jerry, Moxee Motors" to get their attention- they can help you out! (they are great at making stuff work out of stuff that doesn't!

if you need anymore help, email me and i can help you get in contact with the right people!

ratty2austin@yahoo.com