Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ericem,

We need more to go on. When does the wiper motor click? Does it click at the end of what would be one cycle back and forth, or at the end of what would be each sweep? Does it click when you turn on the switch? Can you get the wiper started by turning the switch on and physically grabbing and forcing the wiper to sweep back and forth? It may have a stripped gear, a corroded electrical connection, a seized or almost seized drive shaft, or none of the above. What more can you tell us?

What i did was disconnect the motor but i still hear this click noise in the back, but wen i plugged it back in nothing happens but sometimes wen ever i turn it on it doesnt work and all i hear is a click wen turned on, but the wiper isnt moving, but i can still spray washer fluid.

Here is what I did:

Try assisting wiper arm by hand with power and switch on, if this works you will have to remove gear/motor cover and grease well.

You can try spraying WD40 or similar product into the wiper gearbox from outside before trying the above just to help, but you will eventually have to take the gearbox apart and grease it.

In my case the gearbox was seized because of road salt and required complete disassembly.

Good Luck

ericem,

Try hooking the motor directly to a 12 volt source to see if it works. If it does, then you know that between your switch and the wiper motor there has to be a problem. The difficulty here is that unless you can get your hands on a workshop manual (Haynes, Chilton?) and see some wiring diagrams, you can't really know where to go from here. Maybe someone else has here has a source? Good Luck!