Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheres all the "monster Brats" at

JWX

Ok everyone sit back and listen to Qboy tell us and me why a 6" solid sub frame body lift can't keep up with a 4" block lift and why the 2" will make that much of a differance. i have 4" more ground clearance than he does, hows that for a poke Qboy

Hassey

6" is not that much, especially for a car that is very low to begin with. And hassey may have more clearance, but 31" tires almost cancel out the dual range reduction they are so much bigger. So not much rock climbing for him. The reason I am planning 6" on my wagon is because it makes room for a top-secret idea of mine. My fenders are going to look a little empty running 27-29" tires.

Oh and my subaru is even bigger then EVERYONES! It has a 14 foot lift kit, with 50" tires and a conv. top. I am running 2 ej22 motors. And I managed to bolt that to a tranny out of my moms Buick. It runs the standing 1/4 in 9 seconds. And has a top speed of 300mph. And santa gave me the money for all the stuff :santa: . As U may know... Last liar always wins.;)

OK, I see this is a can of worms that I shouldn't have opened. Just to set the record strait I wasn't poking fun at Qman's brat. I personally don't think you have too lift a sube 6 inchs too have one that will beat anything offroad I just think you have too know how too drive in the first place. I just think the ones that have 6 or more inchs of lift look cool. and BTW I think all this s*** about who has the better brat needs too be settled or forget about the whole thing

After 3 years of pictures of your brat Assey, I still haven't seen it off road. AT ALL!

However, I do have video of Ken's brat making it thru some pretty gnarly stuff at the Rubicon. His 3 inch kit was plenty, the 6 inch hatch broke a couple times, so did the 12 inch hatch.

So you go on and call names and talk smack jerk, you got nothing to back it up with but photos of a shiny brat with over sized tires parked in your driveway. . .

If you wanna start with me, I'll show you 5 or so hours of footage of 3 inch lifted soobs as well as non lifted soobs tearing it up in the mud, snow, rocks and the combination of all three at the same time.

WHATCHU GOT boy????

:moon:

Ok - I'm curious - assuming of course that the 6" lift is built strong enough, what is *bad* about haveing 2 more inches? I don't intend to off-road my Brat, but I'm strongly considering a 6" lift for it - simply for looks. I too think the 6" looks nice - it's a good height for the length of the Brat. That said, I also think the 4/3 lift looks nice - especially with a bobbed tail - that brings the length more in line with the hieght and gives it that mean look.

GD

Ohkay, you guys have to start this thread on the day that I go out on the trail, shoulda waited untill today. I have the ONLY 6 cylinder, 6" lifted, bobbed, quad range that RUNS and has been OFF ROAD!!! I took it out this weekend, and have Junkie and Soobme to testify to it's abilities. Jes to let you know what this thing can do, I never took the motor over 3K on the trail. Most of the time I was between 1K and 2K and burping the throttle. Plus all of my mods, the lift, the T-case, the 5spd, the ER27, the bobtail, the modular front end, the rear bumper, the welded diff, everything that I made MYSELF was perfect, no cracked welds no broken parts, nothing. The only probs I had involved the stock Subaru front struts falling out of the knuckles. There are pictures that I took here Off Road Pics and when Brian gets home he is going to edit up the like 3 hours of video that we took for everyone to see. And I'm not done with it yet. This winter I'm going to get rid of the stupid front struts, and other stuff.

As for "monster Brats" Take a look at the THE monster Brat.

highrake2.jpg

no see by bobbing a brat you make it a hatch. I don't like bobbed brats, cause there hatchs now, and it messes up the look of them. if you like teh look of them then fine but you are just making them a hatch:-\ and look everybody needs to grow up and stop making personal attacks on people.(waiting for the flame on that one)