Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Lift Kit Group Buy

Shady.. I had a question about the steering linkage..... I got the flats lined up, and I've played with it quite a few times.... If the flats are lined up, the bolt will reach with careful "convencing" but the steering wheel is WAY off.... The other way it to line up one flat and just kinda jam it on where the wheel lines up. Issue with that is A its kinda unsafe and B my bolt kept getting loose on the link, very scary when your driving. Anyway is there any correction for this that I'm missing or do I need an alignment? I would think that it should just line up and be happy:-\

from what Ive seen,,, the "flats" ( like the U joints) on the rack and on the steering colom should be at an 45 degree off-set from each other,,,

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take the two screws out of the back of the steering wheel, pop off the horn, get a balancer puller, or a sterring wheel puller, pop out the steering wheel, put it where you want it ,and bolt it back on, and your good to go.

some steeringwheels come off without a puller.

This is a good point some people with a crooked wheels may be overlooking. On all the Subarus I've worked on there was a single bolt holding the wheel on, didn't need to use a puller to remove it.

Tried that... tried to use a puller for a cam gear... seemed to fit, but it kinda bent the back of the wheel......couldnt get the wheel off at all, no amount of pulling would do.

take the two screws out of the back of the steering wheel, pop off the horn, get a balancer puller, or a sterring wheel puller, pop out the steering wheel, put it where you want it ,and bolt it back on, and your good to go.

some steeringwheels come off without a puller.

um...where you in the group buy? cause I think if I ran AA, I'd do it just like they do, they do ALOT of business, cut 'em some slack.

yeah i was in on the group buy. i was just speaking my mind. i was just really excited that my lift was here then there was no steering shaft. my strut extensions were marked left and right i didn't see it at first.

Ok, I managed to get a couple hours to finish up my install.

The instructions for the rear part of the kit are incredibly vague. There was actually no mention of the 4 blocks that install under the torsion bar.

The addition of the new rubber brake lines was definitely necessary, and they were of a very good quality.

All in all, it was a pretty painless install. It just took some educated guessing as to where things went. :grin: Now I just have to wait for my tires to arrive.

Any guess as to when the refund checks will be mailed?

• 5 months later...

so, let me get this straight. An xt6 lift of the 3 inch or 4 inch style would be just about $400 then aye?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. [bump] while i rethink bthe other post i made about the mod'ing of the 2 xt6's.

EA82 style of lift 4" X 3" inch or 4" x 4" lift about $375 or $390 + $14 for shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by northguy

I'll admit that I didn't read every post in this thread (time constraints), and I'd like to know if you have a kit (3") for an 89 XT6 that would require minimal modifications. Current cost would be appreciated (shipping to AK, slow boat - not in a big hurry) also.

so, let me get this straight. An xt6 lift of the 3 inch or 4 inch style would be just about $400 then aye?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. [bump] while i rethink bthe other post i made about the mod'ing of the 2 xt6's.

I don't think the front of an EA82 is the same as an XT6....