Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Lift Kit Group Buy

Wow...you're lifting a 3AT?? hope you like replacing them, or leaving stock tires on a lifted car.

might wanna update the older gen thread, so if people in the future searching for info the lift know that it was you're fault, not AA's

Looks like my comments have already been removed;)

As far as the tires are concerned im not going over 26.5 in diamater

Plus im not going to be "gunning" it or doing any hill climbing. everythings flat here:lol:

It's finally done, (with the exception of the electric fan)

I made 1.5 inch tranny blocks witch gives the driveshaft the proper alighment, adjusted the linkage, modified the pitch stopper, everything works , drives good now.:)

The worst part about the whole experiance was putting on the lower radiator hose.:rolleyes:

After lowering the struts and shocks it turns out to be about a 2.5 inch lift in total but it looks good.:)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry.... There coming. We had everything ready to be shipped last friday, but unfortunately, Albie the shop tech informed me that we were going to have to supply brake lines for the rear of the vehicle. We just got them in today, so you will receive them shortly. I think you will be much happier with a kit that is complete than one that is not. Sorry I didn't put a post up about the situation, my bad. Also the kicker checks will be sent under seperate cover i.e. an envelope instead of the lift kit box.

Dont worry.... There coming. We had everything ready to be shipped last friday, but unfortunately, Albie the shop tech informed me that we were going to have to supply brake lines for the rear of the vehicle. We just got them in today, so you will receive them shortly. I think you will be much happier with a kit that is complete than one that is not. Sorry I didn't put a post up about the situation, my bad. Also the kicker checks will be sent under seperate cover i.e. an envelope instead of the lift kit box.

For the price we ended up paying, I'm certainly not complaining. :grin:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

yea by the sounds of it you 81 guys made out like a banditts

I also got a good discount from the guy who I bought my lift from because of the delay

He was kinda up set but it happens

For the price we ended up paying, I'm certainly not complaining. :grin:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Im jealous you EA 81 guys are getting a sweet deal haveing to wait a bit longer. Totally worth the wait! Its respectable that AA is honoring their agreement and refunding a bit. Thats good business to stand behind your word. I can understand that they are bummed to take a hit like this.

No thats no tool thats the extended steering shaft. Bobby I won't know until I get back to the shop friday where it has shipped.

JM

AA

Thanks James i appriciate the quick response and i also appriciate the way you are doing business. i will be sure to purchase items from you in the future.

Dont worry.... I think you will be much happier with a kit that is complete than one that is not.

well it got here today. minus a steering shaft. i don't get it other people get there complete lifts and a kicker, i get an uncomplete lift and no kicker, and more then likely wait another week or two for the steering shaft.icon8.gif i think if i ran AA i would make sure the people that aren't getting a kicker would get there lifts first and complete.

so anyplans for bumper mounted full auto bb guns??

for those annoying people who cut you off?

like say a small burst of bb fire to dimple the paint on somone trunk/ bumper?

after all you guys are allied armaments and i have yet to see any suby weapons hehe

on a side note why when i see the name allied armaments my mind translates that into armed marmots... wierd

well it got here today. minus a steering shaft. i don't get it other people get there complete lifts and a kicker, i get an uncomplete lift and no kicker, and more then likely wait another week or two for the steering shaft.icon8.gif i think if i ran AA i would make sure the people that aren't getting a kicker would get there lifts first and complete.

um...where you in the group buy? cause I think if I ran AA, I'd do it just like they do, they do ALOT of business, cut 'em some slack.

Hey don't worry we are getting the steering shafts out tuesday. We just wanted to make sure you got your lift so you could start installing it now. I should have notified you. Sorry about the delay, I know that these situations can be irratating. Its hard trying to please everyone.

Shady.. I had a question about the steering linkage..... I got the flats lined up, and I've played with it quite a few times.... If the flats are lined up, the bolt will reach with careful "convencing" but the steering wheel is WAY off.... The other way it to line up one flat and just kinda jam it on where the wheel lines up. Issue with that is A its kinda unsafe and B my bolt kept getting loose on the link, very scary when your driving. Anyway is there any correction for this that I'm missing or do I need an alignment? I would think that it should just line up and be happy:-\

I spent a few hours on my lift install today. I'm probably 90% of the way done on the front and have a few thoughts.

The components of this kit are ten times better than the last kit I installed, much better welds and quality.

However, the instructions are very lacking. If I hadn't done an install once before I'd be totally flustered by now. :banghead:

They state that the strut blocks are marked left and right, but they weren't. They only fit one way, so that wasn't a big issue. The bigger problem, and this happened on the last kit too, is that the strut hit against the body and won't bolt back up without some "gentle" hammering. There used to be pics of this in the repair section.

For everyone else doing their install, remember to unbolt your pitch stopper first and remove the front brake lines from the brackets on your struts. I also had to unhook a number of wires from the engine that wouldn't stretch far enough while putting the blocks in.

I also recommend putting the new steering shaft in first as it is probably the hardest part of the whole install. My steering wheel lines up perfect, but if yours doesn't try turning your wheel until the shaft rolls over 180 degrees.

That's it for now. More as I progress. :grin: