Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt performance?

Once you hit xt6.net you will come across a sentence where some critics described the car as a "sheep in wolf's clothing.":rolleyes: In other words, they're not really very fast, just like the rest of the EA-series cars.

You'll have to get creative in your modding to get power out of them. avatar382 has an 87 XT Turbo with extensive mods that can probably keep up with a stock WRX, and that's honestly probably the fastest EA-series car in the US right now.

(Don't argue WJM, your car is busted :lol: )

i was thinking of saving my money for a ej20 front clip when i can afford it, but for now it will be a front mount intercooler and cooling fix, like a aluminum rad and twin fans, will definitely check out the xt6.net page and see what i can dig up

thnx

mike

Copper has a higher thermal tranfer rate than aluminum.

If you are "in" to computers at all, this is why the high-end heat sinks are either copper-core or solid copper.

Aluminum is used instead of copper for 3 main reasons:

1) it is cheaper

2) it is lighter

3) it is cheaper

I know that 1 and 2 are the same, but I thought it was important enough to mention it twice. :brow:

doesnt matter, I've got a 3way cat in it. They cant do anything about it. lol

Sure they can: Using leaded fuel in a CatCon equipped car is still a Federal crime.

Anyways, I am sure that they would make up some special charge just for YOU, a known Ne'erdowell and Disturber Of The Status Quo! :brow:

i have a couple of lines on some intercoolers, and front mount seems to be the way to go with the space i got in the front, but the cooling is not bad if i stay out of the throttle more, and i got my turbosmart boost controller on 10 psi right now and she seems to be working, might consider turbo swap with custom manifold and downpipe, money constraint holding me right now

mike