Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 Turbo XT, Mint, one-owner, how much ??

First time here. Glad I found this site. I found a one-owner, garage-kept, lady driven 1986 Turbo XT for sale. I have no idea what the reality of the market place is for this car. I know what Blue Book says, but I don't go by that with every car. Could the experts here give me some idea what the car should sell for ? Just a rough idea ?? Car is totally stock, 73,000 miles. Automatic, AC blows cold, timing belt fresh, Cruise, Moonroof, everything works. I drove it today, it ran great.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Venms96

Thanks for the replys. I know it's a beat thread that most people don't want to answer to. I never owned one, but always heard the great things about the Roos. It's just unreal to see an 86 in this condition. No rips or tears inside, a few rocks chips in the front, that's it. 60 yr old woman owned it since new. It's never been near 100mph.

I didn't know much about the car or the value. Didn't know if these cars are problematic or not. All I know is this one is a true creampuff. Trying to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Any info is appreciated about the Turbo XT, not just price $$.

Thanks again.

Venms96

Check the frame rails for rust...... hell check the car for rust. they are not really problem matic... but they are tempermental..... I always tell myself that I will never pay more then 1k for an xt of any kind in any condition.... Roni just got a xt-t... awsome shape, a real cherry... $1k.

I just bought the car for my sister, today. How many times are you going to see a one-owner, mint, garage-kept Turbo XT with window sticker and all records. By the way, the previous owner is 80 yrs old !! Now, that was cool !! I know it's not the most popular Sube, but it sure is a nice car for my Sis.

Thanks to those who gave me some input. I appreciate the help. This is a great forum you have here.

Regards,

Venms96