Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've never changed the spark plugs on Loyale 90 with AC before. It appears that the front plug is buried under the AC compressor. What do I need to move, remove, destroy in order to get at that plug. Does the AC compressor simply rotate up out of the way?

if you take out the battery (and maybe the alternator, been a while) you can get it. I think I used an elbow and probably an extension right above the spark plug socket on some plugs too.

don't forget some anti seize on the new plugs! I use the gray stuff in the little tube and love it.

Which is closer to the battery, your AC, or your alt?

If your alt is closer to the battery, you don't need to move anything to get that plug out.. helps to have a wobbly though

Been a while since I've had one like that, but it seens to me that with the proper combination of extensions and wobblies, that you don't need to move anything

Not sure where the AC was installed. I guess it might not have been factory but I'm not sure since I got the car from the third owner.

So far, the car is running pretty well with three new NKGs and wires. What's so great about running on four cylinders anyway? Thanks for the sympathy.