Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Chazmataz

ezapar

You have any more photos of you playing in the soob at Brown's Camp?

I saw the one you put up in the Off Road Pic Thread, Nice Shot.

Reason I'm starting a seperate post is that I'm trying to keep that thread as comment free as possible. Too much clutter accumulates if I don't, it would be 150 posts long.

I went there with a group of Soobs 4 years ago or so. I recognize the hill in the photo, except when I tried it it was pouring down rain and had been for days. My hatch was open diffed at the time, the Super Swampers had no chance. Gnarly stuff.

9402IMG_0301.JPG

yes i do have some, i do know of a video that i haven't been able to get my hands of as yet, too. this pic was taken on a hill called the waterfall i'm actually on the middle climb to this there is an easy run on the left of me the hard rock face climb to my right. there was no way i could make the hard climb but i was thinking about it, everyone wanted me to do the easy one and i said nope i'm going to try this one. also did one called the can opener that was a good climb that i did make and everyone was surprised i did it. well heres a couple of pics. 9402IMG_0266.JPG9402IMG_0242.JPG9402IMG_0303.JPG

well its nothing special, in fact its kinda of backyard mechanic type. me and some guys at work just brainstormed it together with what we had lying around.first we put the tires on used 235/75-15 on white spoke rims for a toyota-hubs drilled to 6 lugs, then we cut the fender wells so they wouldn't rub. of course the struts are adjusted all the way up, too. we used some mounting brackets from a firestone airbag kit( for load management on 3/4-1 ton trucks) for the rear struts. the front top strut mounts we're drilled out for i think `1/2" grade 8 bolts and shock bushing from rancho shocks make up the spacers, then the strut towers mounting holes we're elongated so i could get the alignment abck as close as i can to stock. but thats since been beat out of alignment from wheeling. so basically the 29" buckshots,adjusted struts, spacers and brackets, i figure i got around 5" of lift after this i had i think 11.5" of clearance at the lowest point in the front. but, now i need to get new struts and springs and i think i could get to 13" of clearance in the front if not more. yes i have gone through front axles i'm on my 3rd pair i think but i took the inner boots loose at the axle shaft moved them closer to the joint and zip tied them so the boots wouldn't tear and they have been lasting longer. hope thats enough detail and not to much. i did all this back in late december, i thought about and was looking to buy a lift but wanted more clearance if possible, the guys at work with lifted jeeps and trucks are all jealous of my ground clearance. now i need more power or gears or both. oh and someday i will perfect this lift and build something more permanent but so far everthing is holding up nicely

I'm really interestedi n your 5" custom suspension lift. What does it consist of? Details if you could please! :)