Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power window problem

Ok here's the deal. Just bought a 86 Subaru GL-10 Turbo wagon. The car is awesome. Only has 107K on it. But I have a slight problem. When locking the doors only the 2 on the drivers side work. The passenger side work if locked by hand. What's the deal. I'm new to this forum and subaru's. Help me out if you can. BTW I got my subaru by trading a 93 Bonneville SSEi straight across. See now you know i'm nuts and I'm trying my best to deal with these crazy gas prices. Well enough rambling and just wanted to say hi and tell everyone what a great forum this is.

my door locks work fine, my issue is with thee windows, they all work fine, unless i use the panel on the drivers side. i think its that the switch corrodes or something like that, the pass side window will only move slowly, but if i use the switch on the pass door, it goes up and down like its new. gotta love mystery resistance in the lines.