Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Ultimate offroader project

Scott in Bellingham

• 4 weeks later...
Scott,

I must say "you're crazy man, and i like it." I cant wait to see that puppy glued back together. If you need any help all be free in April.... You'll probably be done by then, but if your not than the invatation is there.

what are you willing to help with?, could use some custom bumpers maybe ,and some side slider bars

I am going through my final term at OSU so I am booked up until the 24th of March. Anytime after that though, and I am more than game:banana: . Are you going to take your car through the gynormous mud puddle!!!!? aka river!
\

wow wait a sec, are you albi or are you james? lol im confused

• 5 months later...
Any more progress?

look what showed up

Dsc03549.jpg

see anything that looks familiar?

Dsc03550.jpg

got the Doner truck for the project, a guy at work picked it up for the tranny and didnt want the rest so it followed me home, removed the front sheetmetal and engine and what do we see? a diff that looks somewhat familiar , I will be removing the body , shortening the frame and be placing the running gear under the EA82 Wagon/Hatch , should solve a few machanical issues, :eek:

see anything that looks familiar?

yes... i see those wheels in your head cranking again. And as I look into my crystal ball, I see your eyes rolling into the back of your head as you attack that poor little truck with a sawzall... just like the great white shark attacking an innocent baby seal. You're right, this all looks too familiar!! :grin:

Looks like a project I want to kinda sorta do.. only I am still driving the car I would be doing it to :lol::brow:

see you at the show right? I can tell you more about my idea later :brow:

yes... EJ22 is the way to go.. forget that EA stuff :rolleyes: carbs suck! besides.. with the EJ coilpack instead of a disty, think of all the trouble free water crossings! :brow: I should know.. I have tested it!

(although timing belt bearings dont hold up after a few months from being dipped under iron silt water) :grin: