Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trimmed my imp's bumper... *pic*

Ratty2Austin

heh, I used the "large" dremel- a cutoff wheel! it cut thru it like it was cheese :drunk:

I would like to reposition the A bar, but I will need to cut and re-weld the mounts I made for it.. so untill i can borrow someones welder, I cant do that yet....

I have been considering trimming the rear too, but the muffler and hitch are already lower than it, so it would be pretty pointless except for maybe cutting the lip off the very edges to prevent mud scooping...

So what did you do about the fender liner and other plastic bits under that part of the bumper?

I cut them off as well, and threw them away!

but now I need to work on shielding the lower portion of the radiator, and the snorkel stuff.... and yes, repositioning the A bar.....

but at least I got a skid plate now!! (need to see if it fits, and bolt it on, when I get some time)

on another note, does anyone know if 27x8.5 BFG A/Ts will fit the forester struts? (anyone try them yet, or know if that size is too big to clear? I know it will be very close... but I am about to invest in new tires soon (and sell the ones on the car for cheap $$) :brow:

on another note, does anyone know if 27x8.5 BFG A/Ts will fit the forester struts? (anyone try them yet, or know if that size is too big to clear? I know it will be very close... but I am about to invest in new tires soon (and sell the ones on the car for cheap $$) :brow:

27.8.50s fit fine on my car.

Austin, lookts great! and those are the same tires i'm going to throw on when i get the forester springs on this bad boy... didn't even need the spring compressor for the impreza springs on the forester strut... hmmm....

Tonight i've also descided that i really need better off-road tires, we went for a night climb, down some sketchy logging trail, all that heavey sand type stuff, lost traction alot on the way out.. but i guess touring tires do that :rolleyes: