Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 82 GLF is on its way to its New Home

Bucky92

Paulyburger (moosens) has just left from picking up my GLF. She is on her way to Bridgeport CT. I hope Paul makes it home ok since I have never driven the car more than a total of 1 mile.

I will miss her dearly but she found a good home. I know she is in good hands.

Gosh she looked pretty driving down the road under her own power.

Cool, unless moosens is hiding a newer model somewhere, I think the '82 GLF is the latest manufactured car in his collection. Welcome to the EA81 world, Paul.

Actually ...LOL..Paul pulled in with his friend Chris (I have never seen anyone put some much heavy stuff into a legacy and the legacy still move) in Pauls Touring wagon (89?).

I would have given Paul the coupe to use anyway since his 78 needs to be temporarily retired for a bit heck when it comes to Paulyburger...if he needed it I would hand over my beloved Bucky no questions asked for him to use

thank you,thank you....Thanks Connie

Ed,Just to let you know,I took the car on a Connie-payment-plan,and your dough will be on its way like it should of been last week.I suck sometimes,but I'll make it up,you know me.Thanks again Connie for that easy slip out the door deal!!

DMV experience was a head banger alright.First trip to Norwalk about 30 minutes away so my kids don't have to stand around listening to thugs,ex-cons,future-cons,rap wannabe's,etc.....and the line was outrageous.Turn around,head for the hometown/homeboy office and it's surprisingly quick and nobody is talking loud on cell phones about "Yo,bling,F'in yo,bling yo F'in Fyou,"...like that,for ONCE in Bridgeport.So,I get to the window thinking it's just too good to be true going this quickly,and sure enough the guy,after looking over all my papers tells me I need the lein release form(the car was paid off 20 years ago!!),and an insurance card from the car I'm dropping,etc..go home,speed back because I think it closes at noon,and the next guy tells me I don't have a current insurance card.In my rush I just grabbed and didn't look,but regardless I explained that the policy number is still thesame and still in effect....."sorry,can't help you,go get the right one and here's a pass that'll get you back in when the doors are locked"....so returneth I do in light speed,avoiding license revokation,etc....and get there about 12:28,just before they do lock the doors....they give me a funny number with an F designation in prefix.....hmmmmmm,F??? is this a sign?? So,there I sit,and although the time was actually not long it seemed like an hour...get to the counter,get the snottiest little "lady" who processes my paperwork,and hands me a hard plate.....WOW!!! Too good to be true....NOT!!

Dipstick,played by yours truely looks up at the girl and says "So,do this mean I don't need inspection??"" Double dip me in the deepest dog doo...."Bleep",she says out loud....lukily this was ONE trip that I didn't have the kids at my side.She slightly excuses herself and says she's made a mistake....duh!!! FRom that moment on it was all loss for me.I had to give the little witch back my plate and they were unable to help me further,and I won't bother you with the details.Basically,I now need to get a fresh insurance card to go with all the other crap and then get a temp. plate,pass emissions,then get a hard plate.Getting like the old days,only suckier.