Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Ultimate Snorkel Thread......

TurboXT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tryin to keep the car clean looking (good for advertising). Its a 4x3 inch lift and it has 29x8.5x15 tires on it. Yep those are AIRHORNS you can thank subaruless for installing them on the car before I bought it from him (thats before he went to the darkside and sold his subaru to me and bought a ford bronco for an offroad car :-\ ). The airhorns hate getting wet. I've taken the car just to the top of the hood in water, and when I came out I honked the horn and found that all the noise it would make was a little werrrrrrr noise. After a few days they dried out and worked again:headbang:

one question about the ECU issue..

in my 94 impreza, isnt the ECU under the passenger kick plate on the floor?

or is it under the steering column? i havent looked for it yet.. but it might be good to know before i go dunk the car in water.... :confused:

Yes the ECU is on the passenger side floor. I just tore apart a 94 imp. recently. This was a 1.8 FWD sedan, but it's probably the same in yours.

BTW saw the paint + snorkel in the other thread. Looks sweet!

I built mine last for around $45, $25 was just for the filter. I have a weber so i used an extra bottom filter plate (from having to buy a low rise filter) and mounted flange plate for the pvc pipe, then to an elbo (i had to cut it down to get it to clear the hood. Then to some heavy duty air hose from the boat store i work at (good to over 250f and is pretty have to rip). ran that to the fender then pvc pipe held with sheet metal screws through hose clamps up the side then a 3"-2" adapter and the filter at the top. I still have to build a cover right now i am running with a bucket over it.

1525Picture_008.jpg

more pics in my gallery

David