Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WTB Stabilizer End Links for '96 OBW (FNT & RR)

Hello all, I'm new here - just acquired a '96 OBW and it failed the local safety inspection. What needs to be replaced are the sway bar end links both front and both rear. As well as the park brake shoes. From what I can tell, these parts are only available from a dealer, BUT, dealer we have here is pretty unreliable. Looking for an alternative place to purchase subie parts in Canada. Hope someone can help.

tx

mal

Hello all, I'm new here - just acquired a '96 OBW and it failed the local safety inspection. What needs to be replaced are the sway bar end links both front and both rear. As well as the park brake shoes. From what I can tell, these parts are only available from a dealer, BUT, dealer we have here is pretty unreliable. Looking for an alternative place to purchase subie parts in Canada. Hope someone can help.

tx

mal

Coupla ideas, folks frequently upgrade those itmes with aftermarket - less on the Legacy models than the Imprezas but still....- you might ask the marketplace forum here and over at www.nasioc.com for some take-offs.

One of the nicer mailroder dealers is www.subarugenuineparts.com - ask/email Jamie and confirm they can ship to the great white north.

Carl

Gee, I wish I had the time to wait, need to get this car fixed asap as it's my wife's who drives out of town everyday.

tx for the offer though

mal

I'd have OEM rears for you from a 97 OB, but I couldn't get them out to you for probably a week. I'd let them go cheap.

Commuter

Coupla ideas, folks frequently upgrade those itmes with aftermarket - less on the Legacy models than the Imprezas but still....- you might ask the marketplace forum here and over at www.nasioc.com for some take-offs.

One of the nicer mailroder dealers is www.subarugenuineparts.com - ask/email Jamie and confirm they can ship to the great white north.

Carl

tx for the help, I think I've found some from a dealer not too far away. Like I told commuter, if I had more time, I would definitely look at other options.

tx again

mal