Ultimate Subaru Message Board

adjustable rear struts

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel....

i used a mcphearson strut spring compressor and snagged the spring on one side, and just kept cranking it till i could move the adjuster collar.

also heard you can just loosen nut which secures the spring and theres enough slack to be able to relieve the spring tension without removing anything completely...

Are they the same as EA82 struts, with a 3-position adjustment?

I could probably help you out...we've got an awesome spring compressor at school but the struts need to be removed from the car, which is not hard. I could come out early saturday morning and help you take those off before I grab the Legacy. It'd take about 5 minutes to compress the springs and make the adjustment, and I could bring them back out and help install them that afternoon. Just soak the three mounting bolts really well with penetrating oil beforehand.

Kelly, thanks for the offer, but I'm headed out hunting Friday afternoon. Yes, they are the ea82, 3 position struts.

Are they the same as EA82 struts, with a 3-position adjustment?

I could probably help you out...we've got an awesome spring compressor at school but the struts need to be removed from the car, which is not hard. I could come out early saturday morning and help you take those off before I grab the Legacy. It'd take about 5 minutes to compress the springs and make the adjustment, and I could bring them back out and help install them that afternoon. Just soak the three mounting bolts really well with penetrating oil beforehand.