Ultimate Subaru Message Board

top lights

stu's fleet

yea there is a switch on dash but it will only work with e brake it it is up if i lock the e brake switch the brake light will be on too

maybe there's a way you could by pass the e-brake switch so there's power going to the switch on the dash all the time.

have you gained access to where the e-brake switch is.how many wires is leaveing the e-brake switch.probably one wire going to dash switch and one going to the light on the guage panel.if that's the case then jump the e-brake switch with a splice connection and hook it to the wire going to the dash switch.

(maybe?)

Just rewire them from scratch with a switch and a relay. Way less time than figuring out how to modify the factory wiring.

Just my two cents.

could be, I'd say check it out, pull off the plastic moulding around the ebrake handle, and see if you can figure it out. otherwise you might just want to find the origional relay/switch and run a new wire straight from the battery to the + side of the relay, it'll always be on, but just make sure you flip the switch off when you're not using them