Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14" Scorpion buy or not

Clayton

i was driving around a few days ago and i saw a subaru brat a brown color and it had rims ive havent seen on a subaru and i looked it up and it was a 14'' subaru scorpion rims but it was kind of rusted around the corners and it was chiping off and it had suface rust but it had the old school center cap and i was going to trade my stock white spoke rims that almost has no surface rust and 4 street tires that are a little worn what should i do???

:confused:

well thinking about what i did:rolleyes: ,, I baught some 15" white spokes from summit racing for about 34$ a rim. looking back however i have actualy had a difficult time finding off road tires that will fit on the 15" rim without modifying the wheel well.,,, its actually easer to find 27 inch mudd or Off road tires to fit a 14" rim, than a 15" rim. well thats my experiance so far.:banghead: I have found a couple of options in a 225/70R15 wich is just over 27" . the 215/75R15 will work but its actually closer to 28" and the still may need to be some finder mods even with a 4 inch lift. Very hard to find a MT tire in anything smaller in the us

Not to mention the fact I am going to have extra hole on my rims ( won't that just look dandy)

So looking back,, i wish i had bought the 14" scorpions or jackmans

but what if the tire doesnt keep air in the tire after i trade them for my rims

If they will trade straight up then do it. 14" Scorpions can't be had in the US unless they are bought in Australia and shipped here. I only know of one other set.

They are as strong as any other option and look better!

well i shock hands with the guy and i should get them pretty soon as i get time to take the wheels of the stock white rims im trading him and put the street tires on them for him

by stock, do you mean like stock height, because the actual stock tire wont:lol: a 175/70/14 tire will be a tiny bit taller, you could also go with a bigger tire, like 185/70/14, for a extra inch or so more than you have now.