Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another Completed EA to EJ Wagon

Knichol

Kenny, that is the CLEANEST EJ install i've seen yet.

I can't wait to get a ride... or maybe get to drive it.

Just for all you other people, Kenny wasn't into Subaru's till after he met me through an old girl friend he had. I like to brag that i'm the one that converted him :drunk:

Bravo! Looks very well done. Very clean and neat. Nice custom exhaust. I for one am not sick of seeing pics of new EJ swaps. It's great inspiration for those of us trying to finish up our own EJ conversions, and good reference material for those who are researching their projects.

Have you fired it up yet? How does it run? What kind of adapter plate did you use?

I will give it to you Tex you definitly didn't make it hard to Turn down the Subaru Experience. How is that old GF?

It has fired up, I have about 3000 miles on it, Ran it back and forth from Spokane to Bellingham everyweekend for about a month. Runs like a champ. It is so nice to beable to drive at 75-80 and not have to drop down to third gear going over the pass to maintain the speed.

I used Mudrat's adapter and it fit and works just as described.

The motor is an EJ22 and all those 2200 cc's aren't enought. I don't think Tex ever got to ride in my Nova but the subaru has a long way's to go before its up to par on what I like for speed.

I forgot to take a picture of it but I do have the OBD-II connector mounted just under the CD receiver so it makes for an easy plug when hooking up the laptop. To pull codes or monitor sensors.

I will give it to you Tex you definitly didn't make it hard to Turn down the Subaru Experience. How is that old GF?
Hey man, we haven't spoken to her in forever (I don't know if you remember me, but this is Jay, I was one of Kirsten's friends too).

She never calls us anymore :(

Hey man, we haven't spoken to her in forever (I don't know if you remember me, but this is Jay, I was one of Kirsten's friends too).

She never calls us anymore :(

I do remeber you! I believe you had a thunderbird when I met you.... I could be wrong.... Or at least you were driving someone elses. You must have a subaru now? what is it?

First time... 3 - 8 hour days (but it was the first I'd ever worked on a car).

Subafly and I lifted his ea82 wagon in about one full day.

Mike (the guy I lived with when you dropped off the transmission in pullman) and I will have it crunch out in 6 hr..... If not..... something went wrong and with me it always does. :cool: So i better plan a whole weekend.

Were not talking about the Krissy i know are we? :lol:
Kirsten != Krissy

I do remeber you! I believe you had a thunderbird when I met you.... I could be wrong.... Or at least you were driving someone elses. You must have a subaru now? what is it?
Yeah, I drove the t-bird. Then a tree fell on it, so I bought a Supercoupe. Then, I bought a crappy old subaru to commute with, and have since purchased 2 more subarus.

http://www.jayspang.com/pics/LegacyGT/Front2.jpg <-- my current car.

my congrats to your new conversion, very clean indeed, i placed my ecu behind the glove box and above the plastic ducting in there, never thought of putting it under that part of the dash, how was it to strip the obd-II harness down, i had the luxury of the obd-I, but less power, i hear ya on the speed on hills, you odnt have to downshift at all, and you can cruise around town at 35 in 5th gear and do just fine, saves gas too. but the gearing isnt made for that motor so highway rpms are up there a bit, 85 mph puts her at about 4k.

~Josh~

:eek: Just for all you other people, Kenny wasn't into Subaru's till after he met me through an old girl friend he had. I like to brag that i'm the one that converted him :drunk:

:eek: J/K

How much does that wagon weigh stock? An EJ25 into a 2400lbs Scooby would be REALLY nice. This is still a significant gain in hp/torque though.