Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Lift Kit with large tires

Shadyirishmen

Yes you heard correctly a legacy lift kit that you can actually put large offroad tires. Made by allied armament, this lift is a 2.5" lift that you put outback/forester struts on (legacy struts only allow street size tires). The lift is a part of the EJ family of lifts. and is $700 and requires you purchase outback struts. The car can run the infamous 29" swampers with minimal and I mean minimal fender trimming. Not the best pictures below but they should give you an idea of the results. For purchasing go to www.Alliedarmament.homestead.com

AA_Legacy1.jpg

AA_Legacy2.jpg

12" inches of clearance under the rear diff.

Very cool looking!!! :drunk: The blacked out wheels look sweet. I dig how the driveline and exaust are still tucked. Nothing ruins the effect of a lifted roo than an exaust pipe hanging 4 inches below the bottom of the car.

If the guy who owns it is unsatisfied with the power loss because of 29s, tell him to contact www.Rallitek.com for a perfect power chip. Sean installed one in my OBS, it's way more peppier now. Gets better gas mileage too. Over 30mpg with 28s.

Did you change out the springs with the struts or stay with stock springs? You'll be way happier if you hold out for Outback/Forester springs too.

He kept the stock springs. The power is not to bad (2.2 with a manual), its by far peppier than our EA82's but not as powerful as the 2.5, he is going to get a chip though to give it more power. Has anyone heard of unichips and how much performance you can get?

Very cool looking!!! :drunk: The blacked out wheels look sweet. I dig how the driveline and exaust are still tucked. Nothing ruins the effect of a lifted roo than an exaust pipe hanging 4 inches below the bottom of the car.

If the guy who owns it is unsatisfied with the power loss because of 29s, tell him to contact www.Rallitek.com for a perfect power chip. Sean installed one in my OBS, it's way more peppier now. Gets better gas mileage too. Over 30mpg with 28s.

Did you change out the springs with the struts or stay with stock springs? You'll be way happier if you hold out for Outback/Forester springs too.

He kept the stock springs. The power is not to bad (2.2 with a manual), its by far peppier than our EA82's but not as powerful as the 2.5, he is going to get a chip though to give it more power. Has anyone heard of unichips and how much performance you can get?

Its not Unichip, but its the exact thing you are after

You, know I don't know for sure because no one has lifted one but if someone wants to lift one we can do it. I am sure there can't be to much different.

I dont think it is different. I know the strut tophats are the same bolt pattern. The engine crossmember and tranny crossmember have the same bolt patterns. I think everything is the same for using a body lift.

Do you want to buy one? I will sell you one for cheap if you want to be the ginny pig!!! Hit me with a pm if anyone is interested.

I dont think it is different. I know the strut tophats are the same bolt pattern. The engine crossmember and tranny crossmember have the same bolt patterns. I think everything is the same for using a body lift.

We have all of the specs and we have all of the parts to begin fitting and testing a production model of the EA to EJ adapter, but we have been so busy building lifts we haven't had enough time to finish designing it and blueprinting it so we can make them. BTW how much are people charging for them?

im working on saving for one of those legacy lifts now. i've got lift springs to go with it, so we'll see how big i can make it before exploding the half shafts... do u make the d/r tranny adapter plates too? cause i need one of those as well....

Do you want to buy one? I will sell you one for cheap if you want to be the ginny pig!!! Hit me with a pm if anyone is interested.

Hey thanks for the offer, but my Impreza isnt setup for being lifted (its more of a track/mountain road twisties car)... And I dont have the money to change everything that would need to be changed, but ya I am thinking about it in the future when I have money and a second car :P