Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SunPro Temp Gauge Q

I bought a Sunpro Temp Guage and it appears that the adaptors used to install it are all wrong. One is too small, the other two are too big. The one that is actually on the lead is the right size, but it requires an adaptor to hold thye prob in place. Any one find an adaptor or the correct install kit for an after market temp guage????? Thanks, Tim

Never mind, the idiot at Advance Auto put me into panick mode. When I asked if there was a different adaptor kit he told that he didn't think so and that I should try at Ace or Menards in the plumbing section:confused: . The kid at Sturdevan's actually took the time to look and see and low and behold, a couple of different kits:D . Well temp guage is in and working. Tim

I couldn't get the right adapter kit to save my life.

What I ended up doing whas getting a 3/4 inch T fitting from home depot.. putting it inline in one of the heater hoses, then installing the temp probe into the top part of the T.. worked like a charm:D

BTW: thanks to 78turbobrat for the plumbing idea.. he thought of it

Never mind, the idiot at Advance Auto put me into panick mode. When I asked if there was a different adaptor kit he told that he didn't think so and that I should try at Ace or Menards in the plumbing section:confused: . The kid at Sturdevan's actually took the time to look and see and low and behold, a couple of different kits:D . Well temp guage is in and working. Tim

idiots like that annoy me, i work at advance here in frederick md, but i dont automatically tell people that what they are looking for is at another store, i actuially help them adn search for a solution if one isnt readily available. sending them elsewhere is the last option.