Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MegaSquirt....

WJM

It will be the complete kit....remove stock ECU, plug up the MS, tune and have fun.

Whenever I bring my kits to market, I'll be sure to sharply undercut WJM here! :lol:

Good job on getting it running, now get it tuned!

ha...ha...ha....

at this rate i dont think WJM Rallye Sport is going to get off the ground for quite a while...all Leones world wide might rust away. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

well, 116hp/140tq are the semi-final numbers.

thats 10hp and 6tq increase. Off boost power is a ton better...and butt dyno on the street says its really around 20hp/15tq increase.

A lot left to do.....throttle enrichment during driving is way off....its got a weird timing stumble between 2000 and 3000...and MS-2 doesnt feature knock system monitoring or control at all...that's got me stopped on tuning.

the 12x12 table....lacks....fine resolution. I could not get the AFR's smooth...but they are better...no more pig rich....mostly 10.5~11.5 in boost. tried to get 14.7 everywhere else...but it smooths from 14.7 to 12 when comming into boost...then from 12 to the sweet spot range for boost.

Timing is...set...to...alot. I need knock system stuff damnit!

where are my fuel maps bish?!?!?!? lol

certainly worth the hassle of making it work huh :)

pay attention and you should notice the turbo coming in a little to alot sooner

especially if you add a a little extra fuel in the 90-100 kpa range

you want a copy of my timing maps? to see if that helps ?

they are pretty much tuned by ear and feel and engine temp but seem to work fine for me for now until i get rich and can play on a dyno

maybe i can con some dyno place up in pdx in giving me a break for it being such a one off setup lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dylan,

are you installing MS on your EA82T?

you're going to have MS and EDIS?

have you started yet?

Gary, I have a spare MSnS'e that I built a couple years ago. One is on my Neon but I haven't mounted or wired the spare on the wagon yet. I don't know if I'm going EDIS or distributor. As I have the 86 distributor I don't know how I'm going to address the constant spark signal. I'm still pretty new to subaru but I believe the 86 turbo distributor still has mechanical advance and not computer controlled (separate knock box). I could pin the advance so the signal out of the distributor is always at TDC. Getting the EDIS parts doesn't bother me but then I still need to machine and mount the crank wheel.

Actually this weekend, there is the big MegaSquirt get together in Virginia Beach with the designers and folks from all over the country. We are meeting up at a dyno shop Saturday and Sunday.

There should be details here:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=104803&highlight=#104803