Ultimate Subaru Message Board

82 gl 4x4 13" BFG MT's

jaws dawg

Its been a while but I just had to log on and show off my new tires. You see I've got this friend (Mike) and mike has one of everything, and several of most of it. I was explaining to him what a b!t(h it has been to get someone to cut loose with a set of 14" Peugeot wheels for a decent price. he then tells me he has a set of good BFG mud terrains IN A 13"!!! so, here they are all mounted up. Damn no camera OK pics to come.

R13 BFG MTs? Where did he get them orginally?

I think if you rename this thread to 13" Mud Tires!!!!! you'll get alot more response ;)

He had them on a rallyed out VW pickup that he used to do pre runs with.

he used to race in the mid 90's so i think that is when he got them.

Did he say where he got them at ?

nope didn't get that info was just too excited. Also this weekend I found a trick for the hatch. you can install loyale gas lift shocks for the hatch and your hatch will open really far. you have to install the left on the right and re drill the holes on one of the mounting plates. Also I just posted the pics of the tires and my li'l red wagon on the photo archives.

Those are sweet and I want them. Any chance of finding a source for them? :headbang: Tires such as these ones are the only way that I'm ever going to be satisfied with 13" wheels.

I think I just lucked out on these. Mike put them on his rig in the late '80's or early '90's. However I found 13" rally tires by a company called Silverstone. Here is the link. http://www.taborrallyteam.com/silverstone/silverstone.html

Look at the rallye S505's. You can order them in soft, firm, or hard compound and they're even FIA homologated (approved). Like that matters a damn!