Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pulling other's out

WoodsWagon

I tried to pull a 40 series land cruiser with 33" MTs out of a bog - sunk up to the floor in sticky mud - that didn't work at all. Dug some good holes in the gravel trying. Turned out we needed two other 4wds and a tow truck all pulling at the same time to get it out!

I have pulled out a Hilux with 31"s on a few occasions.

So one of my friends isn't so smart....

10420100_1595.JPG

and managed to back his jeep into a pond.

Luckily we had my subaru, and a truck

10420DSC02153.JPG

In parrell.....

After some tugging, and sliding sideways towards eachother we managed to yank the heep out of the frozen pond.

A video can be found at:

The Setup: http://69.202.146.141:78/bcoc/andy/new/7spmilesstuck/100_1597.MOV

The Pulling: http://69.202.146.141:78/bcoc/andy/new/7spmilesstuck/100_1603.MOV

:drunk:

One of my friends got run off the road today (and the guy at fault didn't even stop) and ended up getting his Sunfire stuck in 4" of muck and water in the middle of some tall grass. We left his car, ran to the hardware store to get a tow strap, which I'd been meaning to get anyway, and headed back to hook it up. I drove my WRX down into the grass (on a rediculous slope) and hooked up the cars. I was expecting to have to fight his car out of there, but it couldn't have been easier. If it were me who had been run off the road, I would have just driven out of the median and gone off chasing the guy who did it!

How many times, in your Soob, have you pulled (or towed) a car out of mud or snow? I've tried it with a Subaru pulling out a Ford Falcon but my other car, a Volvo (yes, I'm a bloody Volvo driver) just wrecks the ground!

Those Soobys are Strong!