Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My EJ22 Chronicle Update(10/2) PIX(10/2)

tailgatewagon

Reciver car 1979 GL wagon 4x4 ea71.

doner car 1994 LEG LS 4dr sedan. awd 5speed.

progress made.

1994 legacy

wiring harness pulled from Legacy. took 4.5 hours but i have headlights to taillights....and everything in bettween. im going to take pix of everything hopefully it will help others. anyway pix to follow tomorrow.....

motor ready to pull (2 bolts holding it in.)

1979GL.

engine compartment paint came today.... lost of NOS parts ready to go on.

i figured i would start a tread about it instead of posting a new thread every other day with progress..

UPDATE,

ea71 is out along with trany!!!!!!!!!!

test Fit EJ22.......

had to widen motor mount holes 1/2 in each side. fits like a glove.... kinda cool the distance between the motormount bolts and the center of the front axle is within 1/8 in between 1979 1600 sr, and 1994 ej22 5speed.....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=679

pix here...

also working on wiriering harness looks to be about 15% done on that:rolleyes:

What will you have to do to get the legacy tranny to fit? Different axles? custom length driveshaft?

Im very curious about the details...

size wise it should fit fairly well.

as for axels i will just run the normal gen 1 axels with ea82t inner cups. that will allow me to mate them to the legacy trany(25 spline just like ea82t tranys) the stock non turbo pre legacy tranys were 23 spline....

i will have to mod the trany crossmemeber a bit as the leg trany is longer then the sr ea71 trany. ill see what kind of mods need to be done when i get there. as i have a lift to use. i will install the motor first then the trany as to get the fitment right. then ill make my pitching stopper and what not

heck no i will never live where i have to smog a car

Ya, its pissing me off, mine is grounded indefinatly at the moment due to smog... I'm thinking swap now cause of it, and cause of the access to people who can actually do swaps in this area. Money of course is the main issue...