Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift Kit + Rims + Tires Compatibility & Suggestions Please

Harvester

Ok so I've enough money saved to buy a lift kit for my 1984 Brat.

I'm looking at these wheels:

U.S. Wheel 20 Series White Blade Wheels 14"

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&autofilter=1&Ntt=+USW%2D20%2D4760&N=0&part=USW%2D20%2D4760

With these tires:

Kumho Venture MT27X8.5QR14 (26.5" Overall Diameter)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Venture+MT

Of course I'll have to get my rear disc conversion done (found some turbos in the JYs last week) Then my hubs drilled to the 6 pattern.

Now I've done a search and found all the threads and it seems that you can run anything smaller than 28" Diameter tires on a 3/4 lift. I just wanted to confirm that these rims/tires will work with the experts.

As for the lift kits. Allied Armament and Ozified both sell them. I'm interested in a 3/4 Lift for my EA81 1984 Brat. How easy are these things to install? I know they are just 'Bolt on' but are the instructions good enough for someone who has never done much more than oil changes, brake changes, and other basic tune up stuff? I just don't want to get into it and then find out it's way over my head. So if anyone with experience with either of the lifts can offer suggestions or their experience I would love it.

Any other tips, suggestions, or pictures of your setup are welcome. Thanks!

- Harv

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I do have a Weber 32/36 that I will be installing this weekend. Thanks A-DOG :)

Good rim and tire choice. Although you could find some six lug rims at a local junkyard for cheap then just polish them up. I got an Ozified 3/3in kit and I have 215/75/15 tires basically 28in. I would rather have 27s though(less rubbing and trimming). As for lift kit install, I installed my rear end, then had my mechanic install the front. You can install it yourself, but give yourself a few days just incase bolts are really stuborn. Your gonna need WD40 on a lot of the bolts. Make sure whatever machine shop you take your hubs to for redrilling you bring them these pictures.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40196

Might want to get a weber carb too. Good Luck.

If you have a garage and a basic supply of tools you should be Ok.

You'd be supprised just how few bolts there are...

I'd do the back first because there's less involved and then you can

get a feel for what's involved before moving forward.

Where in Utah County are you?

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

If you have a garage and a basic supply of tools you should be Ok.

You'd be supprised just how few bolts there are...

I'd do the back first because there's less involved and then you can

get a feel for what's involved before moving forward.

Where in Utah County are you?

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

Provo, LoL :)

I don't have a garage but I think my friend has enough space at his house for me to work on it. I'll have to see. I live in an apt. complex, still a college student :)

- Harv

The rims and tires seem like a good choice, as for the lift, the byb(ozified) lift should be a bolt in kit. Spray down all of the bolts with some penitrating oil. Some bolts can be lil punks trying to get them off. You missed the group bye from AA :(, that would of saved you a few bucks...