Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attention NW Washington wheelers (time to pay the trails back)

ezapar

Saturday is lookiong a bit tough for me. We are looking at 10-12 hours on Friday night. If it's 10 I'll so up late. If it's a 12 hour day I won't get out until 10:30 am. By the time I get up there and find you it will be noon. I'll let you know Eric.

K

This sounds like the time I might be heading out(If I can go). Give me a ring tonight.

Well, I actually made it there. Pulled into the parking area and saw nothing but Yotas and Jeeps :eek: But I tell you what, I was the star of the show for a little bit :headbang: Everyone was asking questions and checking out the Hatch, people taking pics. It was giddy, lol. Zap wasnt around and I saw Subyluvr(?) Hatch, so I knew there was someone around. Did a little cruising on the main drag and went thru one deep puddle (forgot the camera) and got my left arm wet and muddy (window down, doh) and then went back to the parking area to wait for Zap. Still no show, so I went and hit some trails. Lots of mud and puddles galore. Had no problems at all, the Hatch went thru it all and did some real tight manuvering (luv the PS). Went back to the parking area again and Zap showed up in his Yota. I hate to say it buddy, but your truck blended in with alot of the others there. Dont get me wrong, its a real nice truck and will probably go places mine wont. But theres no "Wow, cool, thats different" factor.

Dont hate me man :o

Jaws Dawg, sorry I missed you. Are you wondering why you still have those Yota parts in your car?

Jaws Dawg, sorry I missed you. Are you wondering why you still have those Yota parts in your car?

That was my hatch in the parking lot. The toyota factor sorta weighed in heavy on me and I just went wheeling with them as a passenger, which was way more than a good time and I didn't have to put any trash in my car!

good times

Im thinking the guys parts in the jawsdawg's wagon are the least of his worries, apparently the way he took water into his engine leads to explosive powers and that nice new toy isnt nice anymore.... you can see his white rear end in one of the pictures from the link.

ooops i forgot to get ahold of subestyle doh!

I hate to say it buddy, but your truck blended in with alot of the others there. Dont get me wrong, its a real nice truck and will probably go places mine wont. But theres no "Wow, cool, thats different" factor.

Dont hate me man :o

Plain Jane Baby. lol That was probably the coolest thing about having a hatch/brat lifted and on Swampers, the conversation piece.

All day, I saw one other Toy with smaller tires than me.

There were about 60 rigs in the parking lot by 9:30 a.m. 50 of them were Toyotas. It felt pretty cool to have one.

I went out on a trail run with a group of carbed Toys, and when I opened the hood for a second, they surrounded me and gawked at my EFI. :slobber: "You must love this truck" the one guy said as he hugged the hood. lol

Here in this photo, I'm posing for the pic with it idling. (almost 45 degrees tilt) Your camo conversation piece woulda cut out. :-p Don't hate me bro. :o:lol:

142keeper13-med.jpg

Hey David. Did you get a good shot of me going thru that crazy stuff at that one trail head?

Fun stuff making the open Toy do stuff that the bigger Toys with lockers were struggling with. :cool:

I got one shot but it was so dark you cant see the tires working through the nar-nar.

I think my memory card got fried there was an error message when I got back home like half the pictures arent there and a video is missing:-\! Next time I guess!

I wish I had taken a picture from inside the cab of the truck to go along with that roll over shot but the memory of B very seriouly saying "your going to roll over eric" is enough!!!!!

good times thanks alot for the fun!

Jaws dawgs ride is fine, (drove home). I played around by the power lines in the sandy area for a couple of hours with a stock early legacy and a toy with some kinda ok tires. on my way back down I saw some mud on the left side of the paved road and decided to get the car a little dirty. So I carefully checked the bogs with my shovel and proceded to get a little nasty. when I had enough room to turn around I proceded to do so, however the side of the ruts from the "fo tee twos" gave out leaving me stuck.

So a little walk and a 20 spot learned me what was probabally a pretty basic lesson. DON'T GO ALONE, WHERE YOU HAVE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF NOT GETTING OUT.